Am I Pregnant -pg123604134051

3 Replies
Ina - March 2

I had a Human Choriomon Gonadotropin (hCG) injection yesterday morning (01 March). In the evening I made a home test and was tested postive. Since I am doubtful re the result of the urine test I went to the hospital today (02 March) and had a blood test to determine if I am pregnant. And for the 2nd time I was tested pregnant. My main concern is, am I really pregnant? Or the result became positive due to the hCG injection that i had yesterday? Kindly enlighten me regarding my query. Gracias. INA

Grandpa Viv - March 2

From the web: For women that have had an HCG injection as part of their infertility treatment, the hormone will take about 5-14 days to clear from the woman's system, depending on the dose and the individual woman. This can causes problems with interpretation of pregnancy tests done earlier than 14 days after an HCG injection. Good luck!

Ina - March 3

Thanks for the info Grandpa Viv, that's what i was thinking of when i got the results. But, could it be possible that I am pregnant even before I had the HCG injection? God Bless!

Grandpa Viv - March 3

Don't they give that shot just before ovulation? If you ovulated March 2nd and the egg was fertilized, it would be March 7th before implantation and March 16th before a "missed" period. Considering the uncertainties involved, a positive test about March 22nd would likely be accurate. Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion