Hard Stomach-pg112869502718

12 Replies
mum2be - October 7

Why is my stomach so hard? Please help! I am 35 weeks pregnant. Thank you.

Lara - October 7

the amniotic fluid built up plus your baby is growing, almost ready to come out...probably is starting to run out of room???

Ranya - October 7

It could just be Braxton Hicks...that's what they feel like. Is your stomach constantly hard? Mine is most of the time but there are times when it's not as tight.

me - October 7

is your stomach constantly hard? is it a new thing? you might call your doc cause a suddenly hard belly that stays that way is a sign of your placenta abrupting from your uterus, which is not good

mum2be - October 7

Hi it's mum2be here again. Yes it is constantly hard it became that way 2 days ago now I'm also having severe lower back ache.

mum2be - October 7

I was put in hospital last Sunday with the back ache, the doctors thought it may have been a kidney stone or a urine infection as I had blood in my urine, but those tests came back clear. The pains became very intense and I was given pethadine and morphine injections but as that was all they were willing to do for me I left. I don't want to be pumped up on all those drugs imagine what it would do to junior. What should I do now?

mum2be - October 7

Sorry me again haven't slept well as the pain is waking me up alot. I forgot to mention that they said the pain may have been caused by bub as he was in the breech position but that doesn't explain the blood in my urine, I was also vomitting alot while in hospital, both of those symptoms have stopped now though. Thanks heaps to the people answering my question.

j - October 7

Have you talked to your OB? Did they perform an ultrasound to check your baby while you were in the hospital? Blood in your urine *could be* bloody show - also many women experience labor as lower back pain. I don't know about the vomiting, but that can't be good.

mum2be - October 7

Yes I have talked to my OB but she gave me the impression she had no idea what was wrong. After the initial tests they did no further ones instead just kept offering more drugs. I did have an ultra sound while in there they said he looked fine. When I was having the really bad pains in the hospital bubs heart rate started to race, when they settled down so did his heart rate. Any ideas? I don't want to go back to the hospital if they just want to give me drugs.

Janice - October 7

Im 31 weeks and my stomach gets hard about every 10-15 min. And Ive had lower back pain also. Im wondering if I need to go to the hospital and get checked out. although your symptoms sound different, if I were you I would go back to the hospital and let them know you are still having pain but you don't want pain killers. They need to figure out what is wrong with you...letting you go home with those symptoms was a bad idea on there part, something could really be wrong with you or the baby.

mum2be - October 7

Janice I think your right about going back to the hospital, I have another appointment on Monday so if things settle down then I'll wait until then otherwise I will go sooner. I will keep you posted on what happens in case your pains and back ache are caused by whatever is causing mine. Thanks heaps for writing, hope evrything goes well for you.

Janice - October 7

Yeah let me know what happens. I hope you feel better!

mum2be - October 10

Janice I went to the doctor today she said that it may be braxton hicks as Ranya suggested but she had never heard of them being that bad. She also said that it may be the early stages of labor or that it may have been a kidney stone but that pain should have went away if I had pa__sed it. I dont think she really has a clue so I have another appointment with a new doctor next Monday so we'll see what happens. I hope you're feeling better. I will keep you posted.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?