Health Insurance

4 Replies
Sweetheart - May 8

Hi all. I have some questions that I hope some of you can help me with - as you can read from the t_tle, it's about Health insurance. I'm from Europe, Scandinavia but I live in California now that I married a wonderful man. I have been here for a few months and have not yet recieved my greencard. I want to start a family soon and want to buy Health insurance that covers Maternity - can anyone recommend any plans and companies ( which one did you have when you got pregnant )??? It's just for me ( indiviual ). Does anyone know, if it's possible for me to buy Health Insurance, since I'm not really a US resident yet ?? Any suggestions will be greatly appriciated.


Maddie - May 9

I hear that heath insurance in the U.S. is so bad right now! I just know that I qualified for Medicaide because my husband and I weren't married at the time, so we weren't combining our income, and I make less than $30,000 a year. Everything is free, and it seems really great. Sorry, I don't have any more info. on health insurance...I would log onto a medicaid program in CA, and call the number to ask your questions. Good luck! =)


Lynn - May 9

You can go on wbsites ofr pretty much any of the big health insurqnce companies.. united healthcare, blue cross blue shield, Kaiser permanente & they all offer individual plans. You have to really look into what is covered & what isn't and which doctors accept which plans. As far as not having a greencard, it shouldn't effect your ability to get insurance. I seriously doubt you will qualify for the state a__sistance though, being married. I am in Maryland 7 my husband & I have to make less than $23000 per year to qualify. We'd be living with my parents if we made that little. Good luck to you!


Lynn - May 9

P.S. What part of scandinavia are you from? My brother lives in Sweden!


tiffani~edd 11/07/05 - May 9

Look in your phone book under insurance agencies. You'll want to find one that offers health insurance. They will shop around for the best and least expensive policy for you. It will save you lots of time to let them do the searching for you. As for government a__sistance, you aren't eligible for it until you get your greencard, which shouldn't be that hard to obtain since you're married to an american. Do you know if your hubby has insurance? It's sooooooo much cheaper to be added to hispolicy than to start one on your own. Good luck. :o)



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?