Increased Fetal Movement A Problem -pg111487157518

1 Replies
Karen - April 30

The last few days this baby hasn't stopped moving. I haven't slept in 2 nights - I am 28 weeks. Also, I've been getting this rhythmic pulsating kind of feeling in my lower abdomen almost near my pelvic bone. It could be hiccups but it's every 2 seconds or so. I've read that increased fetal movement could be a sign of fetal distress, but the doc on call just made me feel stupid for even calling and told me that she's never heard that correlation - what?! any advice? thank you

tiffani~edd 11/07/05 - April 30

Funny that your doctor hasn't heard of that, because I sure have. Is your baby kicking or does it seem to be more like hiccups? I think if your baby was in distress, you would feel the panic through kicking, not a rhythmic feeling. I bet it's the hiccups. Do they come and go throughout the day? My son kept me up for most of the 3rd trimester with them. It was cute the first few times, but the novelty wore off quickly. If it continues to worry you, insist on being seen on Monday, if for nothing else than to calm your fears. :o)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?