Marijuana And Pregnancy-pg111619050318

5 Replies
Rose - May 15

I am an avid pot smoker and have been for years. I currently have one child. I did not smoke durring this pregnancy but I was horribly sick the whole nine months and I also had preeclampsia. I tried every imaginable home remedy and prescription drug available; nothing stopped me from being sick.Now I believe I might be pregnant again and the morning sickness is back. Marijuana is the only thing that keeps my nausea at bay so I can function throughout the day. I am definately going to quit smoking pot during this pregnancy but it is the only thing that helps my sickness. I am wondering if any one has any advice or links to information about marijuana use in the first trimester. Your feedback is appreciated.

JenniferB - May 15

It can cause miscarriage in early pregnancy. It decreases the amount of oxygen that gets to the baby causing low birth wieght, stunted growth, small head circ_mferance, and is linked to ADD, ADHD. So basically, it can be very harmful. I hope that you get some help to overcome this addiction for good, not just during pregnancy. It is no good for you either. I hope you have a healthy baby

Beth S. - May 15

i know im going to get reamed out for this one but my sister inlaw smoked the whole nine months of her pregnancy and the baby came out completely normal. they also tested her and the baby when she gave birth and the baby had nothing in his system. im not saying that its ok to do that because i quit as soon as i found out i was preggers but that is the kind of info i have on the subject

JenniferB - May 15

No, I am not going to ream you. Some people are just lucky and their babies are fine. How old is the baby now? You don't know if they have a learning disability until they are a little older. It could have done damage that wasn't obvious. It is kind of like playing Russian roulette, you don't want to take the chance of getting the bullet.

Beth S. - May 15

He is 3 now and so far so good. but like i said, i dont do it anymore and stopped right away because i am aware that you shouldnt take chances like that.

April - May 15

There's another thread on Marijuana and pregnancy too... I think it's on the second page now... unless someone comments in it... then it'll be back on the first page... there are tons of comments in that thread though that maybe you'd like to read (although beware because some are not so nice)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?