Question-pg111454070518

9 Replies
Trish - April 26

Can you get pregnant on days that you are not fertile or ovulating? Thanks

dumb - April 26

dumb quesion

Jenice - April 26

First of all, that is not a dumb question. Because every body is different, there is no absolute. But I have heard that sperm can stay in your system for 5 days, so if you ovulate later than expected, I suppose it's possible. (I don't think it's a huge possibility though.) But, to help you out Trish, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm 11 weeks late, and if I am pregnant, it's because I got that way on a day that I wasn't ovulating (at least, according to my usual cycle). I'll try to let you know!

dumb - April 26

dumb question

Shannon - April 26

To "dumb" , you must be the same person that answered my question about antibiotics and birthcontrol....genious....

Chyna - April 26

NO! sweetie that's not a dumb ? if you really want to break it down all that counting days and your most fertile days are between days 10 -18 if you have a 28day cycle is all science and statistics. truthfully god is the one who determines that. he may allow us to believe that all that works but over all we can't prevent or predict when anything will happen in our life's.. he also will provide us with a one way street that leads to 2 lanes but he knows the route that we will take and the out come. Sorry to offended anyone or take it there but it is what it is and it's fine if you don't agree with what I've said

Kaz - May 1

You may have unprotected s_x before you are fertile, and because the sperm can live for about 3 days, it's possible that they're still kicking about when you do become fertile.

not dumb - May 1

If you aren't ovulattng then there is no egg to fertilize. If you are not fertile then you cannot get pregnant. So, 'dumb' was actually right.However, you cannot be 100% certain you aren't fertile at any given time. You can have wishful thinking either way you want it :).

Kaz - May 1

I've read and heard from many places that the sperm can survive for 72 hours. Recently I heard of even longer. It is true that the sperm can still be there when ovulation takes place.

Jessy - May 1

No, but it's REALLY HARD to tell when that is...I tried the natural form of birth control (taking temp and checking mucous test) but as sure as I was...2 weeks after I got married and began having s_x I was pregnant w/my first son...In the 4 and 1/2 years since I've been married I've only had 3 periods..after each one I got pregnant...that fertility checking thing is so iffy, didn't work for me...but hey, I'm happily married having my 3rd child now...life is good

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?