Spotting-pg111625768118

3 Replies
Chris - May 16

My wife is approximately 6 weeks pregnent. She called me today at the office and said she's had some spotting this morning. My first reaction is being scared, we are going to the Doctor's later today, what is spotting and how could this affect the pregnancy? Thanks,

Tami - May 16

Spotting is actually quite normal during the first trimester-it happened to me when I was about six weeks too. We freaked out as well, but my doctor said it usually is normal. Many women who spot in the first trimester go on to have healthy pregnancy-we are having a healthy baby girl in September. As long as the color is brownish or pinkish instead of bright red, she should be okay. If there is cramping involved, she needs to get to her doctor's immediately.

tiffani~edd 11/07/05 - May 16

She could be spotting for several dfferent reasons. One obvious reason would be miscarriage. Another reason could be an irritated cervix, possibly from having s_x. Her uterus could also be shedding some old blood. Hormones can also trigger spotting. I had spotting at about 11 weeks, but after an ultrasound, the doctor rea__sured me that everything was okay with the baby. Bleeding is more concerning when the blood is bright red and accompanied by cramping. Hope everything turns out okay for you. :o)

DG - May 16

it can be normal but it may also be a red flag. I have had 2 misc. and 2 healthy pregnancies. Sorry to say that the 2 misc. started w/ spotting and no cramps. As the day went by the day I spotted nothing else happened until night time when I started to feel cramps and then...I started bleeding and l lost the baby :o(. I hope everything is ok. Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?