Ultrasound-pg113094354718

3 Replies
Jalane - November 2

i am preg. and i went to the hospital last week b/c of pains. they gave me an u/s and i seen the yolk sac but didnt see a fetus. my scheduled u/s appoiontment was 1 week later. they gave me the u/s and said that the baby is too small and that there isn't a h/b. and that I was going to miscarry. I seen the fetus clearly and it grew alot. If my baby is dead how could it have grown so much? could it be that there miscalculating my weeks? i am supposedly 8 weeks to the doctors. But, on my own calculations I am 6 weeks. Should I go to another doctor ?

Amanda C> - November 2

You should see another doctor if you are uncertain. I would wait a couple of weeks and then have another us done to be sure. Are you having any miscarraige symptoms? Any bleeding or severe cramps? What about pg symptoms? Morning sickness or anything? Just be careful and whatever you do, do not agree to a D&C untill they have given you all of the rea__surence that the baby is not alive. Some people do not hear their bb hb untill 10 weeks. Sometimes it is just not positioned right. Also, after reading this forum I have learned that alot of doctors have been wrong in this same situation. Follow your heart and instinct, those are usually right.

hi - November 2

Most women say they regret not waiting for another u/s and not getting a second opinion.Follow your instincts.good luck

Cathy - November 2

It could be too soon, or your doctor could be right. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I have had 4 mc so I do know what you are feeling right now. You could wait for a week or so and schedule another ultrasound, that is what I would do at this point. If you haven't started bleeding or anything, that may be your best bet. My prayers are with you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?