Worried-pg110902728118

5 Replies
Crystal - February 21

Is it ok not to beb able to hear a babies heartbeat at 8 weeks??

Jamie - February 22

Absolutely. According to my doctors, you shouldn't be able to hear the heartbeat until the 10th to 12th week.

Kate - February 26

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks the end of June. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and have a visit to go to in 4 days to hear the babies heartbeat. I am just afraid that it won't be there. I just don't feel like there is a baby growing in me despite an ultrasound at 7 weeks that showed a baby and a healthy heartbeat. I have had terrible morning sickness and have just had two days in a row where I have felt really good and I just worry that maybe that is a bad sign. Can anyone provide any words of comfort.

To Kate - February 26

Im sure it's absolutely normal what your going through. I would take morning sickness as a good sign. Whenever i have to go through it i just think it's the babies way of letting me know he/she is in there moving up a storm and that that is why "I" get sick. (just my theory) And when i'm feeling on top of the world, i can't help to think of good thoughts and that he's giving me a break finally. My first 2 times at my dr's i didnt hear a heartbeat but i did have an US twice and that rea__sured me that everything is fine w/ my little one. Dont worry just think positive about having a healthy baby.

bridget - April 13

I am 9 1/2 weeks. I wasn't able to hear the heartbeat. Is everything ok.

Kristin - April 13

Ladies it is ok if your not hearing it yet. My doctor said she was very surprised to be able to hear it at my 12 week appointment, she said it was too soon, but it was beating strong. Good Luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion