August Mommies 2007 December Addition

172 Replies
kelley - December 2

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice: once for herself, and once for her child. ~ Sophia Loren

kelley - December 2

Well ladies December is upon us, and I really could not wait for that thread any longer. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KB! Hope that you had a good one. TIFFFANY, good luck with Kaiser, I hope that everything works out for you. As for the weather, it was a fun day here yesterday... we got about a 1/4 inch of ice on top of snow and under some sleet and then it rained... it was a mess all day. We did not leave the house yesterday. It was no where close to what we had last February. KIMBERLY, thanks for the update, I will continue to pray for your mom. I am sure that she will be home tomorrow. KIM, wow she loves the dentist... Molly likes to go until we get there... then she doesn't want to be there any more. I think that she gets shy, but I don't know. Well ladies, I had better go, I am trying to pump a lot so that I can get my milk back after this flu. I have a long way to go, I have a feeling that I will be feeding every hour on the hour today. UGH! I have a feeling that I am going to be sore.

jen327 - December 2

Kelly, hang in there. Thanks for the new thread. Well I am off to the Redskins game today! It is supposed to be rainy but this was the last Sunday game I could go to. I did not want to go before because Sean was so young. So anyway, it is a tribute game to Sean Taylor so it may be more sad then fun, but oh well. My mom and dad are goign to watch Sean. It is the first time I have left him with them for longer then a few hours, it will be all day! So I am kinda nervous. Oh well, she raised two kids. Hope everyone is doing well. Only 23 more days till Christmas!!! DH's b-day is on Christmas eve and DS's birthday is Tuesday, ugh so much to do!

Krissy25 - December 2

Hello ladies, well not much going on here today. It's been rainy but also very warm, it got up into the 60's so that was kind of nice. I took some pictures of Jacquelyn in her christmas outfit, i'll try and post them but i have been having trouble getting logged in so we'll see how that goes. I have my christmas shoping half way done. My MIL informed me that i would probably be upset by how much they got for Jacquelyn for christmas so i think i probably won't really get her much maybe 2 or 3 things. KB happy birthday, i hope your df does something special for you.

kelley - December 2

Hello my lovely ladies, I have added a bunch of new pictures to the piczo... you will have to let me know what you think of my "lineup" LOL. Also is anyone else losing hair like an old man... I seriously think that I am going bald. JEN hope that you have a great time at the game today... I am not a real football fan, is Sean Taylor a player??? Sorry I don't see the news much either! I am so excited for Christmas, but have so much to do before then.... here's to hoping that I get it done. Yeah right!?! KRISSY, man I will trade you weather any day... aren't you in St Louis... man it is amazing what a few hours north will do to the weather. Hope ya'll had a great weekend.

javidsgirl - December 2

kelly i feel ya on the hair loss i am sheeding like a dog lately a firend of mine who is a hair dresser told not to wash my hair wash it every other day and use a mild shampoo and conditioner that has a low Ph drink more water and take a multivitamin rich in b vitamins biotin mostly and eat more protien she said it had somthing to with my hair aging and she also said Make sure to stray away from all natural products that use natural extracts. Extracts are not as powerful as essentials oils. They are a cheap subst_tute for the real thing.Increase your intake of healthy essential fatty acids and natural oils your hair needs. or drink a protein supplement or shake everyday. she said the added bonus is you will also lose weight. That is, of course, if you lay off the christmas treats she knows me to well lol. well on to the good stuff kelly i love your line i can"t believ how much libby, molly and jack look alike in thier 4 months photos. and you grandpa looks great for 93

TiffanyRae - December 2

Hey ladies! NOthing too new here....Jen I miss NFL games so much! When i lived i MInnesota we had season tickets to the Vikes. It was awesome. But here in hawaii we obviously don't have an NFL team so we settle for College. But the Warriors have had an amazing season so they have been fun to watch. We had season tickets to them but sold them because we a__sumed Alex wouldn't be able to go!!!! Since he was born mid august.....ect ect...BUT WE WERE SO WRONG! ANd now regret it...oh well there is always next year. It is terrible about Sean Taylor. Just when things were starting to go right in his life too. I watched ESPN all mornign with the clips of the redskins game...we didn't get the game way over here but I definitly saw the high lights. I started to cry when they showed a couple of pictures of his 1 year old daughter. So sad! On a different note...the weather here is pretty icky. Has been rainy and a little "cold" as well. DH is grumpy and Alex is fussy so I am hiding in the den adn not showing my face. lol They can be grumpy together! Ok ladies i am off. I have to make some packing lists and get things situated! Have a great day and talk toy ou later...oh yeah and I noticed some pretty bad hair loss right after I had Alex but it has slowed alot now...but I feel like I always lose a little extra hair here and there. I am sure its a lack of some nutrient I have never heard of! Gday all!

jen327 - December 2

Tiffany, the game was great!! A bit rainy, but still great. Sucks we lost. I LOVE LOVE LOVE football, we are a major football family. I am p__sed though because they gave away Sean Taylor towels to each fan, we only got 1 and people were grabbing 10. They are selling on ebay for 50 bucks. I wanted two, one for me at work and one for our son. Makes me mad, but those people have bad carma!!

Krissy25 - December 2

KELLY you can have our weather now, it stormed and then turned cold. We were able to get a walk in this morning so we got to enjoy it a little. TIFFANY, my dh has been grumpy today too, he wanted to put up christmas lights but most of the strands were not working and then the weather turned so maybe next weekend.

Krissy25 - December 3

hello ladies, everyone having a good day. J and i just took a 2 hr nap together so we are both pretty happy right now.

Krissy25 - December 3

Everyone having a good day? sorry that was a question

javidsgirl - December 3

so far so good krissy here.nothing new just cold cold cold here

Krissy25 - December 4

Well ladies i was just thinking it was around this time last year i was getting pregnant.. I can't believe it has been a year, my life has changed so much. It was kind of funny about me getting pg b/c we had got hit by a big ice storm and our power went out for 5 days right around my fertile time, we had to spend the night elsewhere like at counin's houses and dh's parents house but i didn't want to not try that month so basically Jacquelyn was conceived in somebodys guest bed. Thankfully nobody has ever done the math or if they have they haven't brought it up.

TiffanyRae - December 4

lol thats funny krissy! We think Alex was conceived in hotel room on the volcano Moana Kea! The miltary has a awesome resort literally inside the crater. About fifteen miles away is where the volcano is still active and flowing. We went away for ten days and stayed at the resort...we hiked like crazy and had woopie...thats about it. lol TMI I know but that is definitly where Alex was conceived! lol Anyway just wanted to pop in and say hi! Hope everyone had a great day!

friendtilthend - December 4

Good morning girls.... I hope everyone is doing fine. Ethan is doing great just on his swing sucking his thumb. Krissy and Tiffany it's weird to think about where our babies were conceived. Ours was in a petri dish. And we have pictures. I tell dh we can actually say neither one of us was around when he was conceived. We differently weren't dtd. Just wanted to see how many of you are making or planning on making your own baby food? I am going to start Ethan on veggies. We had started him on cereal a while back but we stopped and had to wait because he was so congested and sick. His dr wanted us to wait a little longer to make sure it wasn't an allergic reaction.

TiffanyRae - December 4

Morning ladies....I think we are going to attempt making our own baby foods. I actually picked up the small kitchen aide chopper...that mini one with the blade in the middle and the individiual dividers...the ones that kinda look like Ice cube trays.... I have read some info about it online but would like to do some more research. My mum made all of our baby food when we were little so I am also going to ask her about it a bit when I get home. But I also applied for a head teaching job at the elem. school up the street from my house. They have two teachers leaving on maternity leave in early and late january. According to the lady I interviewed with, I have a great chance at getting one of the positions! SO I may find that there isn't alot of time for homemade ANYTHING!~ lol but we will have to see. DH isn't too excited about me going to work. Not that he wants to hold me back he just isn't keen on daycares and such. But we may AGAIN try to get his mum or sister here from Mexico. So far both have been denied Visa's twice. But hopefully he will be able to use a little military pull and arrange something. Both have said they want to come on a working Visa and nanny for us. But again who knows! Well ladies I am off for the day I think! I leave for the airport in a few hours and have LOADS to do. I will be able to check in with you all though when I get stateside. Both mum and dad have computers! Plus I will have my lap top. I have to stay in contact with my best source of baby information! :P Have a great day all!

TiffanyRae - December 4

oh and another reason we are thinking homemade baby food is because we started him out on Gerber bananas about a week and a half ago and he is just not taking to them. I know its a slow process and it may just be the newness of it all but I just have to SMELL that stuff and gag! I wouldn't want to eat it either! lol But again we will have to see! You never know with these little bundles! Oh and the last three days were my "SUPER" fertile days...according to my charting so we will have to see! I feel like I am reliving this time, last year, all over again!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?