Can I

6 Replies
newbie - February 4

can i file a police report without pressing charges if my ex keeps harrassing(sp??) me??? sorry to keep posting these kind of questions here I just don't know who else to ask. It's been fine for a little bit but now he's back on his high horse!


Rabbits07 - February 4

You should be able to get a restraining order....just go see the magistrate at your local courthouse.


kellens mom - February 5

Have you heard of a program called "victim witness"? It is a volunteer organization that gives support to victim. My grandmother was a volunteer with them for many years. They a__sist people with answering questions like yours as well as provide support during court cases. In short, they are a support staff that works very closely with the police department. They can go and ask questions regarding the law and provide you with the necessary information for you to make a more informed decision as to what to do next. Call your local police department and ask if they have victim witness support services. The will likely direct you to a telephone with an answering machine. Remember, these people are volunteers so there isn't always someone around for immediate help. Domestic violence is a crime. Intimidation is one form of violence.


kellens mom - February 5

One more thought. He will only gain power over you if YOU let him. Be firm. Be strong. You can get past this.


ashtynsmom - February 5

Yes. You can make a report without pressing charges. You simply tell them you want the incident doc_mented. I would go ahead and apply for a restraining order, though, if I were you.


Kara H. - February 5

If you feel you need to doc_ment his behaviour, it sounds serious enough you may need to get an attorney to keep your LO from him.


bchflwr - February 5

Since you have a child in common you would want to file for a protective order. You can get one for 1-2 years and if your partner was abusive to your child they can be included in the protective order as well. This would keep him from being able to have any kind of contact with you whatsoever. I work for a dv shelter in VA and we a__sist our victims in taking out protective orders, so I would call your local domestic violence program and ask for their help. You can also call this hotline 1800-969-4673 and see if they can direct you to your shelter. In VA you can also get the use of home in vehicle in your protective order. Hope this helps. If you have any questions you can email me at bchflwr at hotmail dot com.



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?