HannahBaby-pg117043432969

12 Replies
mandee25 - February 2

Hey! Just wondering how much of an age difference there is between you and your husband. The reason I am asking is I am 25 and dh is 37 and sometimes I feel people judge me for marrying someone a lot older. Age doesn't matter to me or him and everyone thinks he is younger than his actual age. If you don't want to answer that is fine. Just curious. Have a nice day! :-)

mandee25 - February 2

bump

HannahBaby - February 2

Hey girl. My husband is 10 years older than me (im 22 hes 32) It doesnt matter to us either but some people think its an issue (ahem, "Cradle robber" Jelly) Im glad that hes older than me. He was established when we got married and i havent had to struggle at all with anything. Hes my best friend, a great husband, and a wonderful father, I would still marry him if he was 50 lol.

Renea - February 2

I know this thread was addressed to hannahbaby, but just wanted to comment on the age thing too.. I am 34, my dh is 52---age doesn't bother us either. At first, family had a hard time, but they accepted him gladly once they realized he made me happy. I agree with hannahbaby---I think that with him being older, he was mature and responsible---already past his "sowing his oats" days.

HannahBaby - February 2

you can say that again Renea!

Renea - February 2

and I will gladly admit declare that I love my "cradle robber" too!! He looks young for his age--no one guesses that he is 52. But, we always joke when we go out to eat that "grandpa" is taking his daughter and grandkids out to eat.

KLC - February 2

I'm 28 and my dh is 37. I have always liked older men!!!!

SuzieQ - February 2

I'm 28 and dh is 29 - I prefer older men, so he just barely squeaked in !!! lol

mandee25 - February 2

I love it that my hubby was grown up and mature when we got married. My past relationships had been with men closer to my age and it never worked out on my part because I was ready to settle down earlier than they were. IMO younger men(19-25) aren't ready to be married with children. I hope nobody gets pis-ed at me for saying this. Of course not all young men are not good providers-just the ones I was involved with.

Renea - February 2

Mandee--I totally agree with you. Before I was dating dh, I was with a guy my age for 7 years. He wasn't ready to get married and settle down---I was ready and tired of waiting. Had to finally say goodbye and move onto a mature man.

ash2 - February 2

Me and my DH are 10 years apart too. I am 25 and he is 35. I dont think age matters either. He doesnt look that old either. I think his big thing is not wanting to have kids after 35, and i do want one more : (

Renea - February 2

My dh was 44 before we had our first child and he was 52 with the last one.

sahmof3 - February 2

Mine is 7 years older. I'm 32, he's 39. I admired that he was old enough to have his priorities straight. When we started dating he was helping his parents out with projects around the house (home repairs... there are many... parts of their house are 150 years old!) and paying their taxes so they could save more of their retirement money (they were in their 40's when they had him, so his dad was retired before he even graduated high school). I thought and man who would forego nights out with the guys and help support his elderly parents over having a new truck or something like that was worth his weight in gold! I had dated other guys who tried to use their possessions (usually vehicles) to impress... too bad there wasn't someone with a personality worth cr*p driving it lol.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?