Sippy Cups-pg119431421277

4 Replies
kristine - November 5

What kind of sippy cup did you start out with? My son has a hard time sucking the water out of them with the valves in, but it is soooooo messy with them out.

DB - November 5

My dd is 9 months and I finally bought a Nuby after having every other brand. It is valve-less, but doesn't leak like the other one's without the valve. It is the ONLY one she will actually drink from. We have Avent, Playtex, and Gerber cups and she won't drink from any of them. The Nuby has a very soft spout (similar to a bottle) so if your LO is stubborn it is a nice cup to start with. Good luck!!

DDT - November 5

Yes, Nuby cups are my lo's favourite to...they work great. Not one leak yet. He will also drink out of the First Years cups (which are also valveless) and they have never leaked on me (or him!). What's also great about the First Years is that they are very cheap.

Cevvin - November 6

I use the avent system. so i tried the avent soft sippy lid. They have to learn to suck, but it doesn't take that much force to suck. my baby was just used to biting down on the nipple and sucking a little to get milk out of her bottle. But i tell her "you have to suck" then she's like okay. She does well with them and they are pretty easy to wash, just a plastic ring that goes on the bottom that pops off.

kristine - November 7

Thanks for suggesting the Nuby cups! I bought a couple at Target the other day and he really likes them. He can even tip the cup up on his own to drink the water....of course he also loves shaking the cup and throwing it on the floor :)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?