Sunscreen-pg114901359918

5 Replies
Marlene - May 30

Does anyone know if there is a special sunscreen you use for babies? This is my first child and summer came alittle faster this year where I live then expected. Thanks!!

pbj - May 30

There is special baby sunscreen for babies 6 mths and older, it is not recommended for babies under 6 mths. You can different ones at most drugstores and at babies r us.

Rabbits07 - May 30

I have researched this matter myself since we have a pool where we spend practically the entire summer. Sunscreen use is not recommended in babies under 6 months (not sure how old your baby is). You can read some info about why it is not safe to use sunblock on infants less than 6 months old at this link:parenting.ivillage.com/baby/bsafety/0,,3q6f,00.html. Remove any dashes, leave in the commas.

Marlene - May 30

Thank you the site was very helpful but Malachi is only 3 months so it doesn't look like we will be having a lot of summer fun!!

Rabbits07 - May 30

When you take him out you can put a hat on him and use an umbrella for shade....if you are outside for a lengthy period use one of those large outside umbrellas. I still wouldn't stay out for a real long time as they say the rays can reflect off stuff and get you even in the shade...but maybe you can still have a little fun:-)

Marlene - May 31

Thanks Rabbits07 I dont plan on being outside much with him he is a very hot baby and this past week has only had his pamper on most of time!! I have plenty hats and will have to invest in a big umbrella. Thanks!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion