Induction At 40 Weeks Secondary To Large Baby

4 Replies
nelsonsl2 - November 15

My midwife wants to induce me at 40 weeks because she is worried that if I go past due, I will not be able to deliver the baby and will end up having a C-section because of his size, which is estimated over 8lbs. I am currently 38 1/2 weeks 2cm dilated, 75% effaced and at -1 station. Should I go for the induction, or wait for him to come on his own?

 

Franny - November 15

I have known many people personally and from this forum that safely give birth to babies 10 pounds plus. Sorry but your midwife sounds like a crack for wanting to induce an absolutely healthy sized baby within the normal range of delivery....

 

DaBonkElsMe - November 15

i agree - i think some doctors are too quick to interfere with nature. But it is your option, if you think you will have trouble delivering - go for the induction but if the induction scares you more than a big baby, just tell her you want to wait a while. My SIL just delivered a 10 pound baby (actually 9 pounds 11oz) and both of them were fine. She is not very big and she did tear a little, but recovered quickly, and the baby was fine!

 

jazminesmom - November 15

my SIL deliverd a 10 pound 1 oz. boy with no meds at all. and they both were fine.

 

meghanlee - November 20

My baby weighed almost 10 pounds and I had no problems delivering him v____ally. i was induced at 41 weeks because he did not want to come out. Get induced if you want....but I would go for a v____al delivery.

 

ADD A COMMENT:


You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!


Already a member?
Please login below.





Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion