Need Help Not Labor Related

4 Replies
missycc4 - February 26

I just found out my mom has cancer. its some forum of skin and its all over her face. She lives in Ohio and I live in Florida. I want to be there with her right now and can't because I'm 40 weeks. I need to know how I can get my Dr to induce so that I can get up there to be with her. Or I'll end up going with out my Dr's ok. Please respond with anything to help ease my mind.


SaraH - February 26

Most doc's I would think would be compliant w/ inducing. However, that is something that you will have to discuss w/ your doc to find out for sure. I'd simply explain the situation, and if you'r doc doesn't want to comply even after hearing the reason, I'd tell him/her that you're you're going one way or another so if they don't induce you then you'll be running the chance of having the baby somewhere along the road between Fl and OH (I'm a__suming you'd drive since I doubt an airline will let you on at 40w's). Whatever you do do though, just make sure that it's safe for you and your baby. I understand your need to be w/ your mother, but having a baby on the side of the road by yourself isn't going to help anything either --and if complications were to occur...--- So, just be safe in whatever you do, and honestly I'd be very surprised if your doc was unwilling to induce you since your 40's and you do have a really good reason for wanting it done. Good luck and prayers that all will go well with your delivery and w/ your mother.


missycc4 - February 27

Thank you for your reply. I'm not going alone. I see my Dr. tomorrow. My mom had some cancer taken off her nose yesterday and somemore today. I'm going to find out more about the cancer I hope by the end off the week. I hope its not fast growing. Thanks again.


missycc4 - February 28

Well the Dr. appt came and went. I told my Dr. what was going on with my mom and she said that if she was in ICU or on her death bed it would be different but because she just found out and I didn't know much about the cancer to wait until I knew more and that its best that I stay put. I'm a little upset with my Dr. I asked her how soon after the baby could I go up and she said 6 weeks and I told her that I wasn't going to wait that long so. We will see.


liza1975 - February 28

have tried s_x it c___p dont work



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion