Bleeding-pg113103289718

7 Replies
Patti - November 3

Well, I think I know the answer, but I'm about 4.4 weeks pg and bleeding. It started as spotting yesterday and turned into AF bleeding last night and today. I've had mild cramping and a few very small clots. I'm waiting today for my beta results. Am I crazy to still be holding on to a little hope? I can't imagine with this type of bleeding that I'm not having a m/c, but without tissue and no severe cramping... Anyone have a story to share?

Leia - November 3

Hi Patti, Don't ever lose hope! Here's my story, not to discourage you but to give you some insight. I was 5 weeks pregnant and everything was fine. About 4 days ago, I started out with brown spotting on my panties and then started flowing regularly like my period with mild to none cramps and no clots. Later on that morning I went in and the doctor said with all the blood it was most likely a miscarriage. Later on that afternoon, I had expelled tissue, and was clotting heavily. Today, I had my HCG rechecked per the MD just to make sure it's back to 0. I know I miscarried and he does too but he had to follow policies and procedures to verify the miscarriage. I felt the same way... with all the bleeding I was having, I had to have been miscarrying. I am thinking about you and praying for you!

Su - November 9

Hi Patti, How are you getting on? I'm holding on to the fact that some bleeding in early pregnancy can be normal. I am about 4 weeks pregnant, i've had light bleeding (brown, red colour) and the doctor is concerned that it may be ecptopic - which makes the wait incredibly painful. I go back tomorrow to have my HCG levels checked.

Patti - November 10

Thanks Leia. Su, I do believe I miscarried. My bleeding became heavier and my beta was only 17. I hope that you will have a healthy, happy pregnancy. At least you are not bleeding heavy and not having bad cramps. I had small amounts of pink and brown bleeding and have a beautiful DD from that pregnancy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Su - November 13

Hi Patti. I found out last Thursday that I am having a miscarriage. I started bleeding more... I've been feeling incredibly flat. How are you? Did your doctor give you any reasons as to why you miscarried? I'm going back on Tuesday for another blood test to make sure my levels are dropping. Not great news but I'm relieved it's not an ecptopic pregnancy. Are you planning on trying again straight away? Hope you are well. What is DD?!

Patti - November 13

Sorry to hear that Su. I just got my beta level results..."0". Yes, I'm going to try again. I have an appt this week to make sure every thing's okay w/me. I am having signs of ovulating already. I don't know whether to go for it or wait another month. DD is Dear Daughter, like DH is Dear Husband. I've seen it used online for a while and picked it up out of being lazy! Again I'm so sorry to hear about your m/c. Hope everything is okay. I am with a great group on the "Signs of pregnancy" board. A couple are pg and the rest are ttc. It's called "Hoping for BFPs at end of Nov./beginning of Dec." Come join us!

Juliette - November 22

Patti, I am in exactly the same position. I am 6 weeks pregnant and starting bleeding at the weekend and had mild cramps. The bleeding has stopped but I've now had brown/black blood for 2 days. I went to A&E and they did a blood test and I'll have a scan in 2 days time to see what's happened. At this stage, they were not too concerned and said that it's a threatened miscarriage at this stage. I am being realistic too although there is also some hope that it could be ok.

Juliette - November 25

Unfortunately, I am now having a miscarriage. I went for an internal scan and they couldn't see anything other than a lot of bleeding and the sac which seemed to be empty and smaller than it should be at this stage. I have to go back in 10 days for another scan for them to confirm the miscarriage. I know and they know it's happening but they couldn't actually say it until they are 100% sure. It was very frustrating as I'd been waiting for 5 days to hear what was happening. It's been an emotional rollercoaster, firstly the joy of finding out I was pregnant, then the worry of bleeding, holding onto hope that all was ok and now the actual miscarriage, all happening within 3 weeks. It's devastating but it's nature's way of saying the pregnancy wasn't normal. I can't really argue with that.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?