Low Amniotic Fluid-pg110791641018

6 Replies
Jar - February 8

I am 35 weeks pregnant and my ob/gyn has told m ethe baby has a low weight, and low fluids (6 instead of 7cm). I am on fetal monitoring and they will deliver by 37 weeks. Has this happened to anyone, and what was the outcome?

M - February 14

With my second pregnancy my fluid was really low and they never figured out why. Induced me at 37 and a half weeks and I delivered a healthy 6lb 2 oz baby boy. He was the smallest of my three children. He's a healthy five year old getting ready for school this coming fall. Good luck to you and your baby!

Roxanna - February 20

I started leaking aminiotic fluids at 32 weeks. It started as a slow leak. Went to the hospital and the water sac was fine. The sac was OK according to the doctors so I was discharged. I went back home and the water sac broke. I went back to the hospital, was examined and had low fluids. I was admitted in the hospital for high risk. I Started having contractions the same day until the next day and delivered my son via c-section. My baby couldn't tolerate the contractions and his heart rate was too low, and there wasn't enough fluid in the sac so there was a high chance the baby could've catch some type of infection without the fluid. My doctor wanted to keep me in the hospital until I was atleast 35 weeks or 37 weeks. Unfortunately I did not make it. I delivered from one day to another. My baby weighed in at 3lbs 1oz, 15 inches long but healthy, thank God!

charity - April 5

yes. I had the same problem with my second child. They said he would be small and I had low fluids. I was constantly monitored too. He was born at 39 weeks and weighed over ten pounds. I wouldn't worry if I were you, but I wouldn't brush it of either.

K - April 28

I had the same issue and was induced at 37 1/2 weeks. I had a long induction, but ended up with a healthy baby girl, 6 lbs. 10 oz.

FrancesST - February 9

I am 34 1/2 weeks pregnant with my third child. Just yesterday, I had an ultrasound and my fluid levels are at 7. The DR said the normal was between 7 and 27 and mine are at 11. She sadi I was "starving" my baby! Wow! I have gained quite a bit of weight so I was shocked. I am currently on "bedrest", and under close monitoring. I have to go in every Tuesday and Thursday for ultrasounds until this baby is delivered! The baby's estimated weight right now is 4 lbs 3 ounces. We were told we must hang on for a few weeks. The Dr wants the baby to get to al least 6 lbs. This also happened in my second pregnancy. We found out at 37 weeks and he was born three days later. He weighed 7 lbs even. After I have this baby........I am packing it up! NO MORE FOR ME!! Three's a charm! Good luck to everyone else! I will give an update as this progresses.

Jar - February 9

Hi All Thanks for posting your answers. My baby is approaching his first birthday now and is a healthy baby boy - albeit he has all sorts of allergies!!! Thanks for your responses.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?