Low Progesterone-pg119464782123

5 Replies
bcd123 - November 9

Based on my last period, I should ~6-7 week pregnant except I do have a history of 35-40 days cycle of period. My OB performed a transva___al ultrasound and was unable to detect a fetal pole yesterday. He will repeat the ultrasound next week. From my first blood test, I was told that my progesterone level is low at 12.0 and my HcG is 15172. I will take promentrium tonight and hopefully, it will boost my progesterone level. My OB wants to check my progesterone again tomorrow. I am a little concerned and stressful about it. Will everything be ok? Does anyone have the same experience and everything turns out to be fine? Thanks a lot.

Stillhottie - November 14

I am also experiencing this. I started spotting. Doctor did an ultrasound and saw a sac but not a baby. My OB said it is too soon to see the baby yet. My HCG came back at only 5382 which is only 1900 more than my reading 5 days prior, and my Progesterone is 9.3. I started taking prometrium last night and go back for blood test on Thurs. I am so nervous as well expecially as I am still spotting red blood.

joeysmom - November 15

I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and I found out I was pregnant pretty much after it happened. I hadn't even missed a period yet when I got a positive test. I went to the doctor and according to my dates I should have been over 6 weeks but they weren't getting a fetal pole just a gest sac and yolk sac. They also said my progesterone was low so I had to take suppositories until I was twelve weeks. I went back two weeks after my first U/S and the baby was there I was seven weeks so I was only five weeks when I went in the first time. I was also experiencing bleeding but it was due to a hematoma outside the uterus. My cycles are between 33 and 36 days so when they calculate it they go by the 28 day cycle and that's why it was off. I'm 30 weeks pregnant now so I just went in way too early. I also had a friend experience pretty much the same thing and everything was fine. I was so freaked out for the two weeks I had to wait though so I know how you are feeling. I hope this helps!

bcd123 - November 15

Thanks you both Stillhottie and Joeysmom for sharing your experience. I did my second U/S yesterday. Accordingly, I am officially 6w5d today. From my first scan which was done last week, there was only a sac and no fetal pole. Yesterday there was a pole but still not heartbeat. There's seemed to be a progession in my mind. The problem is my initial hcg level from 15217 and after 48h, it only increased ~1000 more even though it should have doubled. I schedule my next/possibly LAST U/S on 11/26 for final decision and will perform D&C shortly depending on the outcome. I don't have any spotting nor bleeding. Am I making the right decision to perform D&C around 8 weeks if there is still no fetal heartbeat? I am just scared.

joeysmom - November 15

If you are sure you will be eight weeks at that time there should definately be a heartbeat by then but I wouldn't make any decisions right now. I would just wait and see. Your dates still could be off a little and the technology that your doctor has may not be that great. I would definately be 100% sure maybe even get a second opinion. I hope everything works out for you!! Keep us posted!

bcd123 - November 15

I agree with you, Joeysmom. I am planning on having a second opinion before I make my final decision. Did you have your hCG level check when a low level of progresterone was detected? Do you remember the result? Glad to hear that everything went well for you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?