Placenta Previa-pg117191445053

2 Replies
percy - February 19

what does this phrase mean placenta exterior, postereior-anterior low

hailey07 - February 25

OKay, I'm thinking back to anatomy cla__s in highschool but, exterior would be outside, posterior would be behind of, and anterior would be in front of. I'm hoping that my memory isn't failing me... it's been a while. Did your doc use this phrase? I know that placenta previa is when the placenta attaches near or over the cervix, but I'm not sure why your doc may have said exterior or posterior/anterior which are opposites. It's virtually impossible for a placenta to be behind and infront of one thing. Hmmm.

wrightofway - March 2

Placenta exterior I don't know (?). Posterior... in the back (so towards your spine, rather than belly b___ton). Anterior... in the front... towards your belly. Low... (placenta previa = sitting marginally or completely on or covering the cervix). If its posterior you will feel less kicks (though I found the opposite to be true... when I had posterior with DS... I felt more kicks than I do with this one... and I currently have anterior... low lying... complete previa). It doesn't really matter where the placenta develops... as long as its not low lying, or a in a position to cover cervix at time of delivery. It migrates upwards in many cases if its a previa situation... but if it hasn't moved by 32 weeks.. you'll expect to have a c-section.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?