Please Help Possible Misscariage Hcg Was 197

6 Replies
jennifer - September 17

Hello I am new here. I have a lot of questions. I am so on edge now. The thing is , I went to the hospital Tues, the 13th because i was experiencing severe abdominal pain. I was also constipated. They told me I was pregnant. I was shocked. But they said they needed to do 2 ultrasounds and blood work that would need to be repeated in 2 days. They were supposed to check my Hcg levels to make sure they were still increasing. ok, the morning after I left the hospital I was bleeding like a normal to heavy period. On thursday I went to have my other blood test taken to compare the Hcg levels. It was 197. But they said the other blood test had no numbers on it! So they still cant tell me if i am miscarrying or not. I have to wait until Monday to find out. I am still bleeding. Not really hurting though. I took 2 more Home Clear Blue pregnancy tests and got an obvious positive. Am I miscarrying, but still have the hormones in my system? Also is there anythin g you do know about the level of 197 on my most recent blood test. The docs wont tell me anything! Should i be taking prenatal vitamins? Please help. thank you

christina - September 17

Usually the HCG level double every 48hours, and indicate you are miscarrying if they drop and continue dropping. Not preg is less than 5. The bleeding can be a bad sign, but I know people that bled throughout their pregnancies and did fine??Are you cramping at all?i do know the urine tests will continue to show positive as long as there is HCG in your body which takes a while to leave even after a miscarry, so really the blood test is the most accurate. I'm sorry that you are stressed until Mon., I know exactly how you feel. my levels are not doubling, but they are increasing slowly...they say its too soon to know anything. I'm going out of my mind trying to find info...hang in there

jennifer - September 17

thank you. i actually just found out the levels of my hcg test. it started out at 379, thurs it was 197. i am misscarrying, they finally told me a few minutes after i wrote this. My husband and i have decided to prepare to conceive again.

Mindy - September 17

Jennifer- If you are miscarrying, then there is nothing you can do to save this pregnancy. Did they say how far along you were? I'm not really sure about your hormone levels because my doctor never checks mine. Hopefully someone can help you with that on this board. Ask your doctor on Monday for the prenatal vitamins. I had a miscarriage 4 wks ago at close to 12 wks along and never had any cramps. I was bleeding since wk 6 because a blood clot that formed under the placenta. My baby was doing great with a strong heartbeat even though I had severe bleeds but the clot finally pulled the placenta off. I now have to go back weekly for pregnancy hormone level checks to make sure it is going down. The pregnancy hormones take awhile in your system to go back down. Just stay off your feet for now as they probably told you and call your doctor on Monday. I hope everything works out for you and let me know how you made out.

jennifer - September 17

mindy - they and i both beleive i was only about 5 weeks at the most. I have a follow up this Monday. Do you know how long I should wait before trying again?

Mindy - September 17

I think it is 1-3 cycles before trying again. I think they want to make sure your pregnancy level is down to 0 first. You might want to ask your doctor about this when you go in to see him. I know a miscarriage is a hard thing to go through but just keep your head up and stay positive for the next one. Good Luck and God Bless!!

faith - October 16

the same thing just happened to me after 10 weeks

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion