Counselling After M C

6 Replies
A - April 25

How many of you have sought out counselling from a psychologist or counsellor after a m/c? Was it helpful?


Elyse - April 25

I'm going to see a counsellor within the next few weeks i arranged it with my gp i hope it helps me come to terms with my loss, so i'll let you know how it goes.Take care


Chris - April 25

I'm sorry. I'm thinking I may do the same. I lost my relationship with the baby's father as well. I'm told getting over it just doesn't happen...I'm told getting through it is just the way it has to be...just know your angel is smiling down and would want you to get through it, as much as you can. Think of someone you love and what you would want for them...somebody else. Then try to do whatever that is for yourself. Tell me how it goes. I wish you luck and healing and happiness in the future, and I'm sure your angel would too.


elyse - April 26

Chris thanks for your comment, You have been through so much youreslf i'm sorry, I hope you are ok.Your right about the dealing with it you just go with each day as it comes all of my friends who have had m/c tell me you never forget and it is normal to feel grief mnths years later your mind just wonders back. I suppose time is the greatest healer, and i wish you luck if you decide to go to counelling to. Take care.


A - April 26

Chris that sounds really rough. My relationship is suffering as well and I scared of it ending over this. We are not married and this has been very difficult for both of us. It's hard to know if I should go to counselling because everything can change drastically from one day to the next. One day I seem fine and I think I might even be getting better then the next day it all collapses again. Not sure what to do.


Jill - April 26

Hi girls. I have been in counseling for depression even before I m/c. Since my m/c, I too have good and bad days. Even if I am having a good day, it helps me to see my therapist. I have worked through a lot of my grief, anger, etc., and on days when I feel that I am not going to make it, it is comforting to know that I will be able to talk to her. She has helped me through some really rough times. I recommend a female therapist. I have gone to men, and it has not been as beneficial for me. In this situation, I think a female therapist has a better understanding of what you are going through. Definitely give it a try if you can, and goodluck.


Elyse - April 26

Jill thanks for that i will ask for a female counsellor when i go, i to have fought p/n depression and anxiety for the past 10 years and the m/c was the finall straw for me thats why i'm finally admitted i need professional help. take care.



You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Sign Up Here!

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?