Just Found Out-pg119281256615

5 Replies
Jen M - October 19

I am 23, I was diagnosed with DVT in my calf 2 years ago, and recently found out i have MTHFR, i'm not sure if it is hetero or homo, i didn't even know there were different types until i saw this forum. I'm just so lost, all i wanted all y life was to have babies, and now, i'm not sure if i can, no one around quite understands, so i feel alone. I am on 1 mg of Folic acid and 81mg of Aspirin everyday, my doc. doesn't want to see me for 6 months to check everything again...is that a good thing??

HeatherCoughenour - October 29

I am going to tell you a story that will hopefully make you feel even the slightest bit better... when i was 3 i had someone do not so good things to me, and the doctors all thought that by all the bleeding and damage that he had done that i would never be able to have children. Knowing this, makes me want to try harder, so i finally meet "the man of my dreams" and we get pregnant for the first time together!!! But unfortunately it was unsuccessfull, all the emotional stress and hardship that i had to undergo was just rediculous, not only did my doctor miss the misscarrage but but a far far amount i was 7 wks when the baby stopped developing i didn't find out until i was almost 4 months preg. He attempts 2 DNC's and both were unsucessfull, 2-3 wks later i am in the hospital with labor pains and contractions. i went through the contractions for 3days until the baby finally pa__sed. i was distraught. there was nothing that any one could say or do all i wanted to do was cry. But then 3 months later, i found out that i was pregnant again. I am now 24 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and going strong. I am not sure if you are a religious person or not, but all babies are miracles and if you are, have faith, if you arent' able to have children of your own, there is always adoption and you will love that baby as much as you would if you had given birth to him/ her. If you aren't a religious person than i don't mean to offend you (but you may want to think about it) I am not sure what MTHFR is, i have never heard of it. But i am sure that everything will work out. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless

stefkay - October 30

Hi Jen, I'm not sure what DVT is, but I am hetero MTHFR and supposedly, according to all of my doctors (an OB, a RE and a perinatologist) it won't cause any problems. If you are homozygous the aspirin, folic will be good PLUS take B6 and B12 as it helps in the metabolization of the folic acid. My perinatologist told me to take it. IF you are homozygous then you may also want to look into finding a dr. who will put you on blood thinners as well once you are pregnant. This shouldn't stop you from having babies at all! If you look back on this forum you can find a thread t_tled "MTHFR?" and it is very very long (goes back to 2005) but is great and I learned a lot there. There are many women on there who have gone on to have babies! Good luck :)

nicole26 - October 31

Well here is my story. My husband and I have been ttc for over a year now. I m/c in Feb 2007 at 8 weeks. I m/c again in may 2007 at 9 weeks. I had some blood work done at that point which showed that I am homozygous for MTHFR 677t. I began seeing a reproductive endocrinologist. He put me on folic acid, B6, B12 and baby aspirin. A couple months later I changed dr.'s. My new RE checked my homocysteine levels. They were normal. He said that if my homocysteine levels are elevated then he would put me on heperin but since they were normal that the MTHFR probably had nothing to do with my m/c and heperin was not necessary. Good luck

sashasmama - October 31

Hi, I'm sorry to intrude on your thread. I have a question. Are you supposed to take your prenatal vitamin along with the extra Folic Acid, B6 and B12 or are you supposed to stop taking the main prenatals? I'm confused.

nicole26 - October 31

I was given a prenatal vitamin that included the extra folic acid, B6 and B12 in it. That is the only prenatal vitamin I am on.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?