Please Help -pg111642692018

11 Replies
janice - May 18

I haven't had my period in 8 weeks. Last week at the doctors, the urine test came out positive. It was assumed that I am 8 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I went to have my first ultra sound and there was nothing in site. It should show up after 5 weeks. I also had a blood test yesterday and it came back positive. I am taking another test on friday to see if the hCG t_ters are increassing. What could this mean if the baby was not shown on the screen? Am I having a miscarriage? I have had no bleeding or anything. If I was in the process of miscarrying, would the blood test still have come up positive? Can you miscarry w/o spotting? please help!

crisy - May 18

Hi Janice. My story is similar to yours. I had cramping and spotting and the doctor sent me for an endov____al ultrasound they were not able to see anything. I had to go back two weeks after that. Unfortunately I miscarried on April 25th.My blood type was O neg. It is possible that they miscalculated the date you conceived. Usually by the time you ovulate they consider you already two weeks pregnant. You may be in fact only 5 or 6 weeks pregnant depending on your ovulation. Don't worry yet. Wait for your hCG levels. The blood test verifies your hCG levels and that's why it came positive. Did the doctor tell you if your hCG levels were normal? Even a few days after the miscarriage your hCG levels are higher than the norm in your blood. Sometimes if the baby stops growing your hCG levels are very low. You cannot miscarry without bleeding. If the baby has no heartbeat you will either miscarry naturally a few days later or you may have a D&C. I really hope that you are still pregnant and that you will have a healthy baby. My prayers are with you. Take care.

janice - May 18

thank you. The doctor didn't say if the levels were normal or not. She just said they were there which means I am pregnant. The thing i, I haven't had my period since March 21. I have to be more then 5 weeks by now. Also, my boyfriend and I have been having unprotected s_x everyday since I found out I was pregnant. Is there a chance that I miscarried and then got pregnant again less then 5 weeks ago?

crisy - May 18

Hi Janice. If you did not have a period since March 21st, it's impossible to miscarry because you need to ovulate in order to conceive. Sometimes, some women have 2 ovulations in one month and they don't know about it (it's very rare). In that case, it's possible to conceive but like I said before, it's extremely rare. Good luck.

janice - May 18

I'm not sure what you mean? I must have ovulated because I am pregnant

crisy - May 18

Hi janice. What I mean is that it's impossible to miscarry and get pregnant again without getting a period in between. I hope I answered your question?

Davida - May 18

Hi Crisy! I had a m/c on 2/5/05 and had no period in between getting pregnant again just 3 wks later! I am now 13 wks and due on 11/17/05! It is VERY possible to get pregnant after a m/c and NOT have a period in between!

janice - May 18

oh okay, thank you. That makes perfect sense. I am still confused as to why the baby didn't show up in the ultrasound and I am 8 weeks pregnant.

crisy - May 18

Hi again. I wanted to clear something up. If you did not bleed you did not miscarry yet. You can get pregnant after having a miscarriage but usually everybody bleeds at least a little bit. Ask your doctor to give you all the information about your pregnancy and your hCG levels. It's important that you are well informed of your baby's health. Please forgive me about all the confusion from before. Thinking of you.

crisy - May 18

Hi girls. Thanks for the clear up and sorry for my mistake. Congratulation Davida for your pregnancy. I hope I will get pregnant again soon. Did you bleed when you miscarried?. My books say that you have to bleed in order to miscarry. If the person does not bleed the person did not have a miscarriage?

Davida - May 18

Thanks, Crisy! I was a great suprise for us to find ourselves pregnant immediately after the m/c. And yes, I did bleed for about a week and pa__sed everything naturally. My levels returned to less than 2 after just 2 wks. So far, things are great with this pregnancy but the Dr. is keeping a close eye on us which eases my fears greatly! Blessings to everyone for healthy babies!

crisy - May 18

Hi davida. Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that you are doing well. Your story gives me hope. I don't know if I might be pregnant. I don't want to get my hopes up. I am having the same symptoms I had when I first got pregnant. I go to the bathroom a lot and smells bother me. I have to wait and see if I get my period. If not, I have to do a pregnancy test. I am so scared! If I'm pregnant I don't want to miscarry again. Good luck to you and God bless you.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?