Please Read-pg114922533518

4 Replies
amber - June 2

hi ladies. I have recently had a miscarriage, I had one 2 years ago as well. my husband has 2 kids already, and i am only 22 years old. I dont feel that their is a problem with us obviously not getting pregnant anyway. i just wan to know when is it o kay to start trying agian? Our obgyn seems to think we are just unlucky, no tests have been done. he is just going off the way my body is i guess. The miscarrige happened t he 25th of may. I had to go the ER because i bled so much this time. i was 11.5 weeks but they said the fetus was only 6.5 weeks, they later changed it and sad their was no fetus, went back to get a sauno and the tech. said their was infact a fetal pole. I want to try agian when do you think i should start? the bleeding and cramping have pretty much came to en end. Thank you for your help and good luck with your pregnancy!! God Bless!!

oregano - June 2

hello Amber, I am so sorry for your loss. I had a similar problem. I had a blighted ovum early February and the doctor told me it is just by chance this happens. When the chromosomes are dividing something goes wrong, it is just a unique condition for that pregnancy. There were two doctors in the office. One told me to start right away after the first AF and the other one told me to wait. Then I went ahead and saw two more doctors, one said no problem, the other one said wait just to rest. Then I had my MD friend talk to other drs at his hospital and both said it was ok as long as there are not any complications, the mother is health and the pregnancy was terminated during the first trimester. Then I went ahead and found a few medical articles with research studies comparing the outcome of time interval between pregnancies. Time interval alone does not predict repeat miscarriages was the conclusion I came across. So then basically I realized that I had to make a decision based on how I feel, if I am ready and if there were any problems with my health. I concluded I was fine and I tried after first AF and now I got a BFP yesterday. So, if there are no problems with your physical health and if you are feeling psychologically and emotionally ready, I would say you can start after te first AF if you do not want to wait. I hope this helps and good luck with whatever decision you make....please be well.

amber - June 2

thank you for your help oregeno. I dont understand all of the abbreviations, i am new at this.!!!! thabnk you though and good luck

oregano - June 2

No problem. Check out http://www.babysnark.com/glossary/glossary.asp to figure out the abbreviations. I am somewhat new too and I only know the basics:) good luck to you

HopefulK - June 6

Amber, ultimately this has got to be a personal choice, but if it helps after we lost our baby late in the pg, our consultant said to wait 2/3 cycles or months, I asked why and was told that it was both physical and emotional. Physically you need time to let your lining of your womb build back up to be safe and emotionally you need to process the loss. So its up to you, I know how hard it is to wait, but at least one cycle wouldn't be too bad right? I agree there doesn't appear to be any medical evidence to suggest gettg pg sooner is its a problem but after our first loss, we got pg a tiny bit over 2 mths later and we had a missed mc at 9.5 wks, baby only 8 wks and jsut fetal pole. So I'm defo waiting this time until July at least before I try again. However, if we are unlucky again, all bets are off and we are going for it soonest. Good luck with whatever you choose. xx

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?