Is This Normal -pg114675538018

3 Replies
mirelle - May 4

I am now 18 weeks. I used to feel sharp pains before - ligaments stretching but it has been a week it has stopped. the last time i felt these pains is when i first felt the baby kick. how come those pains have stopped all of sudden and never felt the baby kick again.

Been There - May 4

You only feel the pains when the baby kicks or you feel the baby kick which causes pains? Are you feeling the baby at all (stretching, etc.)? The pains going away sounds like a good thing. Try relaxing at night after having something sweet and just wait for about an hour. You're still at the stage before you'll possibly feel stronger movements. It could just be the baby has turned the other way or just doesn't feel like being very active lately. If it's your first child, it may just take a little while for you to get used to the new movements. They don't always just kick. If you still don't feel anything after giving him/her a sugar boost for a couple of days, try calling your doctor. As long as you're not having any symptoms of something going wrong, you should be just fine. Don't get yourself worried. The baby's still small and has long rest periods.

littlemama1022 - May 4

the ligament pains may come and go, 18 weeks is a little too early to feel all the movement. My midwife says you dont feel a lot of real movement until 20-24 weeks. And also some weeks you may feel your baby move a lot and others, you may hardly feel them move until they get bigger.

mirelle - May 4

thanks for your reply. how do i know if something is going wrong????

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion