Showing-pg114837345618

8 Replies
momma87 - May 23

I'm almost 5 1/2 months pregnant and I'm not really showing. I'm 5'11'' and have a few extra pounds on me, but I'm not obese or anything. I did have a little belly on me before I got pregnant, but I thought I'd have a nice round baby hump by now. It worries me and makes me think that my baby isn't growing like normal. I had an ultrasound at 18 weeks, and the lady who did it said my baby was growing on schedule, but I don't know. My friend is also pregnant and she wasn't skinny by any means, but she looked very much pregnant at only 4 months. She's now 6 months along. I know everyone's pregnancy is different, but I was just wondering if anyone else is or was in my position.

JESS1980 - May 23

Don't worry momma87! I didn't start showing until I was around 23 weeks......and my pregnancy/baby are completely normal! Trust me, your "bump" will come when it's suppose to come! Every woman is different.

Mingill - May 23

momma87, I wouldn't worry too much about it, just like Jess1980 said, you bump will come. I drove my hubby crazy, since we found out, I kept asking, "Do I look pregnant yet". It took some time, but now I have a bit of a tummy, but not a nice round one yet, I'm still waiting for the beachball tummy at 6 months.

Linda99 - May 23

Hey momma87 - one thing you have to keep in mind is your height! You are super tall and probably have a long torso which gives your uterus plenty of space to expand internally before needing to expand outward. I on the other hand and super short - only 4'11 and was wearing maternity clothes at 12 weeks. I am now 16.3 weeks and am starting to get rounder. I also had a belly to start with so that helped matters quite a bit - it's rather embarrasing at times because I look more pg than I am! Be thankful it's taking you a while, the slower you grow the less chance you will have for stretch marks too! Good luck!

mommatx - May 23

My doctor told me at my last appointment that judging from my body type, she didnt think I'd start to show until I was at least 6 months pregnant. I was surprised by this, because I a__sumed that being thin, I would show much sooner. everyone is different, like you said. You sound just fine to me. :) Soon enough you will be looking back trying to remember how it felt to not have a bump!

amyn - May 23

Hey momma87, I'm also very tall, 5'10" and before I got pregnant I was 184 pounds, I am now 20 weeks and just had my ultrasound yesterday, she said the baby is growing fine and right on schedule. I on the other hand still don't have a nice round belly, I think I still look fat.. I'm sure we will start showing soon..

ITSABOY - May 23

I am 24 weeks and i think i am huge but no one else can even tell i am pregnant.I weigh 250 and 5 foot 8 but i want a preggo belly.My baby is already 2 pounds so he is healthy.

momma87 - May 23

Thanks guys for answering. One post in particular made me feel a lot better, so thanks linda99.

yourtrish - May 23

Momma87, I bet you anything you are going to wake up one morning and be amazed that your belly popped all of a sudden. I find my body has changed in spurts and I have a lot of friends who suddenly popped out around 6 months and then grew and grew! All I can say is enjoy breathing comfortably, being able to sit without making grunting sounds and maybe even sleeping on your tummy!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion