Ultrasound-pg113737003818

7 Replies
Lisa - January 15

Hi, Did you all have 12 week ultrasound? I am 14 weeks. I had my first u/s at 7 weeks, and the doctor said he will do the second one only at 20 weeks. Is it normal? I am very worried they can miss some pathalogies. Shouldn't they do the second ultrasound at 12-13 weeks? Thanks!

Mandi_Lin - January 15

Doctors do ultrasounds at different times. As long as you are healthy and not have any problems most like to wait until around 16-22 weeks, that way you can find out the s_x of your baby if you wish too. I had several ultrasounds, before 20 weeks, but that was becuase I have had a lot of trouble with my pregnancy. So don't worry as long as you are feeling fine then your baby should be doing alright.

Tess - January 15

Every Dr is different.....I had an emergency u/s when I was 11 wks/3days coz I had some light bleeding...they saw me the next day just to make sure our baby is safe and okay. then I didnt have my 3rd u/s (supposedly my 2nd) to find out our baby's gender til I was 21 wks/3 days.....So nothing to worry about. :)

Chan - January 15

With my first son I had an U/S at 9 weeks, then 21 weeks, then 36 weeks, and with my second son I have only had 1 so far and that was at 20 weeks. All doctors do different things. I was really upset when my new doctor didn't do an U/S at 9 weeks.

Trina - January 16

I only had one ultrasound so far...and it was at 21 weeks. It all depends on your insurance...the doctor...etc. Not need to worry.

liz - January 16

hi lisa, im pg with my first and was also a little worried as to the dates of my different exams. I had my first u/s at 8 weeks and 2nd at 14 weeks. I don't think there's any danger but maybe u could ask to have another one done in between. or see another Doctor ?

Tillie - January 16

Lisa, I am in the same boat as you exactly. I had an u/s at 7 weeks and am getting another one (finally!!) tomorrow at 19 weeks. It seemed like a LONG wait--I agree.

livdea - January 16

Seems like forever, I'm now 14 1/2 weeks and have had 2 u/s. One I paid for outta pocket to find out how far a long I was the second was because I was bleeding and they wanted to make sure everything was okay. and I don't get my next one until around week 20. Which I think is pretty normal. My Dr. informed me that there isn't a whole lot they can tell until about week 20 anyway, when more has developed and they can see more. I agree, in both my u/s my baby just looked like a blob/peanut. Though it was really cool to see and of course rea__suring, I don't think there's much point to it until later.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion