Am I -pg114847475118

16 Replies
pennymjohns04 - May 24

hey, basically a few weeks ago i has suspicions that i was preg, and i did a test, it came back negative, had one down at the docs a week later and it also came back negative, then i went down for a blood test last week and the results showed that my hcg levels were 'fairly' high and they said to repeat a preg test in 2 weeks. i am confused, are they saying i could be or just making sre im not??

snickelfritz - May 24

Who knows? To say that your levels were "fairly high" is so unclear. Was it positive or negative? If I had to guess, I'd say the levels were in the positive range and they want you to repeat to make sure they're going up. However, to send you for a repeat test in two weeks is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous in my opinion since that will not tell you anything. For a successful pg, beta levels double at certain rates for certain levels. They should double every 2-3 days until they reach something like 1000 then the rate changes. So, to see if they're doubling like they should, you should have a repeat done in 2-3 days.... not 14. So, I have no idea what they're saying.

pennymjohns04 - May 24

they said my hcg levels were 169 and the highest or something was 180, so i have no idea what they are talking about. but my period is due at the end of the week so do u suggest i do a home preg test the day after my period is due?

Lin - May 24

Sounds like you're pregnant. Congratulations!!!

BrendaW - May 24

Yeah, sounds like a congradulations to me!!!!!! Good Luck~

snickelfritz - May 24

I don't know what they mean by "the highest is 180", but 169 is definitely pg. GL!!

Emma2 - May 24

Congratulations!

pennymjohns04 - May 24

so no matter what the highest is, 169 is def preg????

Grandpa Viv - May 24

Non-pregnant hCG levels are less than 2. Between 2 and maybe 50 they suggest a re-test to confirm. Over 50 most docs say def preg. You should be able to get a positive pee test at that time. Congratulations, start prenatal vitamins, and good luck!

pennymjohns04 - May 24

apparently both results come back normal high, whereas the other lady told me that my hcg was fairly high, i am totally confused and they said to go back in 2 WEEKS for a urine test because if i did one any earlier there would be no change. r they correct with this???

tonia - May 24

Penny, where are you from? Did you just do your bood test today? Was it your OB/GYN that did the test? Did they test your HCG and Progesterone?

pennymjohns04 - May 24

i am from bath, it was a prolactin and lh test, and a hcg level test or something, no i did the test on friday and they only got my results yesterday, and when i phoned up yesterday a lady said my hcg levels were fairly high, and then the other lady 2day said that all my levels were normal high so there was no definate answer!!

jeanette - May 24

Hmmmm....call back and ask---- "AM I PREGNANT??" I'm sure they will give you an answer....Where is Bath? I guess they do things different there than in the states.....normally a Doc here would tell you--- 1.) you are pregnant ---- 2.) you levels are 169 which is fairly high for where you are at in your pregnancy -----3.) schedule an appointment in two weeks for follow-up and prenatal care........Kinda weird to me that they wouldnt clarify.....Call and ask a few more questions! God bless!

tonia - May 24

well, can you call back and demand a retest tomorrow? or today? If you do get tested now and those numbers get higher, you are pretty much pregnant! Prolactin values of 169 could mean you are pregnant..........HCG of 169 IS pregnant!

pennymjohns04 - May 24

they said if i did one any earlier than 2 weeks the test would come back with the same answers which would leave us with still the same question. i dont understand, why 2 weeks!! so either way if it was hgc or if it was prolactin, 169 means def preg?

tonia - May 24

169 HCG, pregnant yes! I would say to them, "call me crazy, but I want another HCG blood test today!" your paying for it right?

pennymjohns04 - May 24

well i have phoned them twice, and i even said should i take any precautions like not to exercise too heavily and that and the lady said nope to just carry on as normal!! but they said in 2 weeks the test should be done again

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?