Chance Of Pregnancy -pg119385983031

3 Replies
aliciavr6 - October 31

A friend of mine had her period Oct 15 - 18 and about one week ago started to "feel pregnant", nausea, etc. Also has been spotting since Oct 24 (said she's never spotted). She's taken three pregnancy tests in the course of the past 3 days, they ALL with very very faint positive lines. She's going crazy not knowing if she is pregnant or not. I looked at the first test, and it looked like my first test I took when I was pregnant. VERY faint. But there. Obviously she only had her period two weeks ago, which is a very short time, in that time would it be possible for her to be pregnant?

Grandpa Viv - October 31

Ovulation on cycle day 10 is not unheard of. I think she is experiencing an unusual ovulation with excess progesterone. Even if she were getting pregnant, signs could not start before today, more likely a week from now, and no test would give a true positive for another week. The other possibility is that she got pregnant last cycle, her recent period was lighter and shorter than usual, and her hCG is only now building up to detectable levels. If that is the case she should be getting a stronger positive each time she tests, using first morning pee each time of course. Good luck!

aliciavr6 - October 31

Thank you very much!!

aliciavr6 - October 31

btw, I was also thinking maybe she had a very early miscarriage and didn't know it (thought it was her period), which could explain the pregnant feelings and spotting? Either way, doesn't sound like she's pregnant now but I'm sure she will keep trying and get lucky soon, so to speak! Thanks again for the info

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion