Metallic Taste -pg119462446222

9 Replies
poechrisk - November 9

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but my husband and I have been TTC for 6 months now. I think I might have conceived sometime within the last 5 days. I know it's really early to be experiencing symptoms, but this morning when I woke up I had a HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth and it's been with me all morning! Brushing my teeth, gum, eating, nothing is helping! I'm also experience some br___t... not pain exactly. They don't hurt, and they're not swollen, but they just feel stretched. Did anyone else experience pregnancy symptoms this early? If so, did they include this metallic taste?? Thanks, Chris

poechrisk - November 9

Anybody??

melissax4 - November 9

Hi, I'm not expecting now or at least I hope not, but when I was pregnant with 3 of my children I had a horrible taste in my mouth at all times and extra saliva so I know it was a sign for me, I didn't have the taste with my daughter only my 3 sons, I use to have to suck on hard candy but I was more like 6 weeks pregnant when it started. The swollen b___sts I had were my first sign of pregnancy and that started about a week after conceiving, and thank you for answering my question!

poechrisk - November 9

Thanks! I read that it was an early pregnancy symptom, but they never say how early! Drives me crazy! I have excess saliva too, so hopefully this is a good sign! Also, I just woke up this morning with the symptoms. There wasn't anything gradual about it. Is that how it happens? I always a__sumed it was a gradual increase, not just hit me!

melissax4 - November 9

I think that you can start feeling signs very soon after conception, I think it just depends on how fast your hcg level rises. The swollen b___st and bad taste just hit me all at once but morning sickness starts week 6 mild and than my weeks 7 through 12 are really bad. Are you more hungry than usual? I remember that was one of my earliest signs too. I wish you the best of luck!

Grandpa Viv - November 9

Actually it is the progeterone that gives the early signs (in many ways similar to PMS but more so). hCG rises more slowly, which is why you can have signs way before a positive test. Sounds encouraging, poechrisk, but you are going to have to wait a week or two for a positive test. Good luck!

poechrisk - November 9

Grandpa Viv, Would you say that metal mouth is one of the more definite signs of pregnancy because the other causes for it are so rare and specific? I've read about 14 other causes of metal mouth and none of them fit me. What do you think? Thanks! Chris

ladylana - November 9

yes Chris that awful metal taste in your mouth that wont go away I was told it has something to do with the lymph noids and a toxin they release during pregnancy

poechrisk - November 9

I read that its caused by increased estrogen and progesterone levels after conception...

Smubear - November 12

Can you explain the metal mouth taste?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?