Pets And Pregnancy-pg114796245418

6 Replies
cangirl - May 18

has anyone ever had any problems with thier pets during pregnancy and after the baby was born

SaraLynn - May 18

Cats can lead to some problems on occasion. They have been known to cause toxemia (sp?) through their kitty litter. My sister ended up with that in her first pregnancy 12 years ago and the first thing the Doc's asked her when they found she had it was if they had cats. She didn't, but our granparents did. The only other thing I can think of them causing problems is allergies. Oh, and if you have a big horse of a dog. Sis had a huge black lab, and in the same pregnancy she went outside and dumb dog managed to wrap it's leash around her leg and knocked her over, breaking her ankle. Luckily nothing happend to my nephew. Hope this helps!! Baby dust!

BrendaW - May 18

Wow Saralynn your sis had a hard time of it with the pets!

SaraLynn - May 18

Yeah, and she kept the stupid dog up til a few months ago. The thing got old and cranky with the kids (she had another one 9 years ago) and they finally decided it was time to put him down. I myself would have done that after he put my first baby at risk. But then again, I'm not much of an animal person.

elisabeth - May 18

i have a chihuahua that lives inside with me and my dh and since i've gotten pregnant he is very protective of my stomach. he won't let my dh touch me sometimes. he likes to sit on my stomach a feel the baby kick him. hehe!! he's kinda dumb i guess but he's been my baby for 4 years and just can't bring myself to get rid of him just yet. we brought our 5 month old nephew over to see how he would react to the crying and stuff. everytime the baby cryed then Max my dog would howl with him. not gonna sound so pretty at 2 am when my baby gets here. hehe

cangirl - May 18

that must have been funny to see elisabeth bet that could got you 10 grand from amf lol

SaraLynn - May 18

Speaking of amf... did anyone watch last night? They had their $100,000.00 episode last night and you would not believe the winner! It was fantastic, that was the first time the one I wanted to win, won. The video was of this lady laying on the bed with her quadruplets next to, on and around her. Dad sat there saying, "Ok, I'm going to make the kids laugh now..." and then he started making weird noises. The babies started laughing so hard. He'd stop and they'd take a minute to calm down and then they'd start over. It was so funny to see all four babies laughing so hard together. They were just adorable. I was so happy that they won.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?