Pregnancy Symptoms-pg114721207318

3 Replies
Pink - May 9

I feel with PMS that doesn't go away? Always sleepy? I used a baby sound feta monitor and I heard strong pulses in my abdomen like a heart beat with all of these symptoms could I be pregnant?

Steph - May 9

You heard your own heart beat because you can't hear a fetus' heartbeat until at least 11 weeks with a dopplar. Probably wait until you miss a period to see if your pregnant. Good luck.

corinne - May 9

Oh contrare you can hear it at 8 weeks

Steph - May 9

Not necessarily. You could POSSIBLY hear it that early, but certainly not every time. That's why most doctors don't even bother trying to listen to the fetal heart rate until after the 10th week. After the 9th or 10th week after your last menstrual period, you might be able to hear your baby's heartbeat at your prenatal appointment. Your obstetrical pract_tioner probably uses a Doppler instrument for this purpose, which bounces harmless sound waves off the fetal heart. The way the sound comes back is affected by motion, so a beating heart creates a change in the sound that can be picked up by the receiver in the Doppler. Whether you actually hear the heartbeat at 9 or 10 weeks depends partly on luck-the instrument must be placed at just the right angle. It also depends on the position of your uterus, and if you're slim or heavy. By the 12th week, the heartbeat can usually be heard consistently, using the Doppler instrument for amplification.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?