When To Test -pg111660423518

23 Replies
Ilene - May 20

If I conceived on 5/11 or 5/12 and am having definite pregnancy signs, when can I take a HPT?

Toni - May 20

I would wait until 27th May to test if you can stand the wait! 15 days past ovulation seems to be a popular sort of time scale for people getting their BFPs :-)

Ilene - May 20

Toni.... thank you so much. That's what I figured. I don't think I can wait that long! The 27th is the date my period is due. I highly doubt it's going to be here this time. Too many signs that I'm pregnant. Do you know of any early early early HPT?

Toni - May 20

First Response, Early Detection etc all work from as early as 4 days before your period is due. I haven't seen any that work any earlier than 4 days before your period is due though. It is hard waiting, I guess at least 4 days earlier means you can test Monday? Hope it's the result you feel it will be!

Ilene - May 20

Toni, thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I think I will test on Tuesday just to see. This isn't a planned pregnancy (if I am). Not really sure what to tell my boyfriend, even though we've been together for over a year. I don't think he's going to be too receptive to it. But we hadn't been exactly careful. I'll let you know what happens! Thanks again, I appreciate your response! BTW, are you ttc or pregnant now?

Cutie - May 20

Ilene, I think that I also concieved on May 10-11, so still waiting to test. Dont want to test too early, get a BFN and cry like always. I am probably going to wait until Tuesday the 24th..... I know I ovulated beetween 9-11 and we did baby dancing on 9the and 11th. I am also taking OVULEX....I hope I am preggo because I am TTC , best of luck to you as well

a little skeptic - May 20

Just be careful..you wouldn't normally get a bunch of signs yet, it's too early. In fact u probably wouldn't have any signs at all. It's hard when u're sure u're preggo and then u're not. So, great news if things work out for you (and they may) but be prepared that those 'signs' may mean nothing at all. There r tons of women on here who've had a million signs only to find they got negatives. Best to go in with an open mind and even better if ur b/friend goes along with it all...

Ilene - May 20

Hi Cutie, We are very close in dates. I was for sure ovulating between May 11th - 13th (after checking). And did bd the 11th, 12th and 13th. Anyway, it maybe too early to tell, but I know my body and I KNOW that I am not feeling normal. Is it wrong or ignorant to just *know* that you are? This is not a planned pregnancy at all. So I'm not totally going to be crushed if I'm not.

Ilene - May 20

Oh and Cutie... I sure hope that you are... come back and post and let me know how your HPT turns out. I will be taking mine next Tuesday... Good Luck to you!!!

Ilene - May 20

To a little skeptic... In everything that I read it hasn't said that 1 week after conception is it too early to have some signs. And I really don't believe that it's true that I wouldn't have any signs at all. But I do appreciate the time you took to reply to my post. Also, I am not ttc, so I wouldn't be totally disappointed if I wasn't. But if I was, I'd be happy.

still a little skeptic - May 20

Ilene. i don't mean to be rude at all but the hormones that give you the feelings like 'sickness, dizziness, sore' don't kick in this early because the pregnancy isn't producing enough hormonal changes yet. Some women swear they 'knew' and you might be one of them but most women will tell you they 'swear they knew but they weren't. It sucks!! But hopefully things will be different and it would be great to hear if you are pregnant, so that means we can add you to the list of 'women who did know! <smile...

Rachel T. - May 20

Hi Ilene feel your anxiousness hon--I'll wait w/you to do the HPT--I'll be taking one about the same time--glad to hear someone else out there is playing the waiting game... :)

Ilene - May 20

skeptic and rachel... thanks for replying!!! Understandable comments. I'm not really 'anxious' because I'm not trying to conceive. I guess I'm anxious because I'd rather not be at this point, but if I'm am, that's okay to. I just don't want to wait to find out if I am or not. I guess I will find out on Tuesday!!! This is a nice board, thanks for all of the replies! Rachel don't forget to come back and post if you are or aren't!!! Skeptic are you ttc or pregnant now?

MG - May 20

I will join the "conceived around 5/11" club. I know I was ovulating on 5/11, as I tested positive that day. I already took a hpt and got a BFN...big surprise! I suppose I'll wait until Monday to do another one. Baby dust, everyone!

Sceptic - May 20

ttc!! Ovulated just a few days before you, so hopefully..you never know. I don't have any signs though, he he, is that a bad sign? ;-) To MG: wow..positive already!! Amazing..Congrats!

MG - May 20

Sorry, I should clarify...I actually only tested positive for the ovulation test on 5/11. I haven't gotten a BFP yet. :( But it's still early, I guess!

erica - May 20

Ilene-Do you have a $Dollar Tree store close by. You can test as early as 4 day (25ml). For only 1 dollar. Very good test. I got my BFP on 4/4 I'm now going om 8 weeks pregnant.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?