-pg113530756618

3 Replies
meagan - December 22

I'm 40 weeks and 3 days, my due date was dec 21, yesterday. I have dialated to 4 cm and 80% effaced. I was having contractions and cramping all day yesterday. Today i have had no cramping or contractions. I have just had pressure in my pelvic area. The doctor said my baby was very low. I am going to be induced next tuesday. But i was hoping he would come out sooner. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? no contractions or any signs of labor 40 weeks and 3 days? is it normal or is something wrong?

K - December 22

normal for some women. I was 60% effaced and 3 cm dialated for 2 weeks with my first baby. I was 8 days past my due date before I went into labor. However, it was really fast once it started.! Hope you go into labor soon. I doubt anything is wrong... baby just isn't ready to come out yet!

erin - December 22

You might just have to be patient (sorry, I know it's the last thing you want to hear!) but it sounds like once it starts, your labour should go quick if the baby is so low and you're already dilated so much. It was like that for my second son, I was 4 cm before I went into labour and then the whole thing only took 2 1/2 hours. Good luck! Hope it's soon!

meagan - December 23

thanks k and erin..i'm just really ready for him to come out..so is it normal that im not having any contractions?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion