Breastfeeding-pg114973614218

16 Replies
Trinity102203 - June 7

Just curious...is everyone br___tfeeding on here?

Tillie - June 8

Absolutely! Just started. It's painful, but amazing. Extremely bonding, cozy experience.

Ca__sie06 - June 8

No, I will not be.

livdea - June 8

I will be....hopefully going for a year!

lindsay - June 8

yes, i'll be b___stfeeding/pumping & bottle feeding for at least 6 months, up to 1 year.

MooBaby - June 8

Yes, I would like to for a year.

Emily - June 8

yep, hopefully for around a year. did so with my first, she went for 11mos with her. I will try to do so this time too. Good luck to those willing to try, it can be hard at first but well worth it!

Tanya2 - June 8

I will, I did so with my daughter, but just as a peice of advice, its good to pump and give one bottle a day at around 5 weeks, that introduces the bottle and frees you up a bit when you go out. One or two bottle feeds a day is good, but you need to start early otherwise some babies refuse to take them at a later date. Good luck.

Lindsey - June 8

i'd like to for at least 6 months.

Trinity102203 - June 8

I formula fed my daughter right from the get go and plan to with this one too. I was just wondering, since it seems like everyone on this site is b___stfeeding, if there was anyone like me who plans on formula feeding from the start.

Ca__sie06 - June 8

I am with you Trinity! :)

amanda103 - June 9

I'm still on the fence whether or not I'm going to bf or not. I'm going to wait until I actually get there to decide for sure. I'm just afraid that if I decide not to, that I'll be made to feel like a bad person for it:( On a side note, do you think I should get a pump just in case? I checked w/ my insurance and they'll pay for one.

Emily - June 9

as for those who plan to bf and use a pump, if you plan on using it alot, then buy a good one. It is worth the money. one you plan to use every day several times a day will run you around 300 US dollars, but trust me it's less expensive than formula if that is a concern. a cheaper one will work if you dont' plan on returning to work or pumping every day. If you do decide to bf, then get a pump but I wouldn't spend the money until you need to. So I wouldn't buy one if you are not sure you are bf yet. You won't need it the first few days anyway, and if you do, the hospital will have one for you to use......just a thouhgt. Gopd luck to those who aer trying and for those of you who aren't, I personally recomend trying it but if you don't that is your choice and don't let anyone make you feel bad for it. (i personally had no troubles bf and could see why some wouldn't want to if they had trouble with it before, I was just lukcy not to have any major issues with it) Formula is perfectly normal/safe/nutrious/whatever for you baby and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is just evidence of added health benifits to baby and mothers who b___stfeed, but nothing that should make you feel bad if you choose not to. Its a choice pure and simple. Good luck to eveyone.

BeckyM - June 9

To those of you who are considering purchasing a pump........I got the Ameda Purely Yours new online for $200. I've been using it for 2 months so far and haven't had any problems/complaints. Easy to clean, too. So there is a good pump out there for less than $300.

Corrine321 - June 9

I am going to try it! I think im swithing in between formula and b___st feeding... But trying to just b___st feed first!

drea - June 9

No, I wont be.

sfrias - June 9

No... I do not plan to b___stfeed the baby. I think that this is a personal decision. A large number of women do b___stfeed and they tend to look at women who by various reasons decide not to do it in a weird way. I think that currently b___stfeeding is on fashion as it was not twenty years ago in which only poor women b___stfeed their children. It's your choice. In my own case, I am not planning about doing it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion