Cervidil-pg119430307247

3 Replies
melissa w. - November 5

my doctor wants to try cervidil on me cause i'm not dilating and the baby is huge an i'm 38 weeks.. has anyone here tryed this.. i don't understand they don't induce but whatever they say they don't want to start poticin at 0 so someone please help....

stephannpruitt - November 5

Cervidil is the first step in the induction process, it softens the cervix so that when you recieve the pitocin your cervix will indeed dilate. Without the cervidil your cervix may not do anything... Hope this helps

tish212 - November 5

just keep a close watch on u contractions...some women can experience what's called hyper stimulation from cervidil....it causes ur contractions to move to a minute a part instead of 2to 3 minutes..if that happens they will remove it...but it is the first step for pitocin if u haven't dialted at all.....besides the hyper stimulation that just causes discomfort cuz of back to back contractions I've never heard of any othr problems... I am being induced next month and will be using cervidil...so relax...and enjoy ur labor...I know that sounds odd...but in the end...you'll understand :) bless u and ur family!

Jilloh - November 6

I went to the hospital to have the Cervidil but when they hooked me up to the fetal monitors I was having contractions and didn't know it with my first child. They waited it out and I just went to pitocin. Good Luck.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion