Cervix-pg112845300618

2 Replies
bee - October 4

Is stretching the cervix the same as stripping the membranes or are the totally different. If anyone has had the membranes stripped what exactly was done to accomplish this and did it work.

Heidi - October 4

I'd like to know too. I've only heard of this on this website. What do they do when they strip the membranes? Sounds nasty!

Barb - October 4

my friend just had her baby last sunday...she had her membranes stripped 2X. What they do is when they do the internal, they just separate the bag from the cervix with their finger (no tools or anything)...and she said it was a little uncomfortable (little crampy) but not too bad....the first time they did it, she didn't even know the doc. did it until he told her "I stripped your membranes"...as far as it working...it all depends. They did it the first time on her...she waited a week and nothing...then the second time she was at her due date and had her baby just a couple days past ...so it ALL depends on if your body is READY to go into labor. Just like anything else...s_x...RLT...pineapple..squatting...ect... all these things only work if your body is ready :) As for stretching the cervix...I think they just minipulate the cervix with their finger a bit..but either way, you need to be dialated a couple so they can get in there and do whatever thay are going to do ;) hope that helps!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?