Colostrum-pg119475246171

5 Replies
Nurs2b21 - November 10

So I am 37 weeks and just started having leaky br___ts. I'm having to wear pads all the time because it just runs out. I noticed it is yellowish orange...is this normal? I read something about you can lose too much colostrum before the baby is born.....should I be concerned?

Iamamiracleangel - November 11

Nurs2b, I've never heard of losing too much colostrum, I sure hope not at least! I'm almost 27 wks and I'm leaking already, ahh! Mine is a clear/white color, not enough really comes out for me to tell if it's any different colors. GL:)

Tory1980 - November 11

Perfectly normal and you can't lose 'too much' of it so don't worry. It will change colour again. It is all good signs of a good supply should you wish to b___stfeed. Pain in the bum having to use pads to stop the leaks but I wouldn't be concerned at all.

josie4 - November 11

Tory's right. You'll still have plenty when your lo is born. I leaked a bit during pregnancy and after my lo was born I had so much colostrum it would pour out.

AngelinLuv - November 11

I've been having it since I was about 30 wks. Now it's full out leaking if I don't have a bra on at 37 weeks. Mine has ALWAYS been a clear/white color.

Nurs2b21 - November 11

Okie dokie thanks ladies! Mine looks clear when it comes out but then when it gets on the pads or on my shirt and dries it is yellow orange. yucky!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion