Constipation-pg115288648418

3 Replies
LL - July 14

Okay this is a little gross but I wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience. Yesterday I had awful pains and gas and was so constipated that I literally stayed in the bathroom for almost an hour trying to go number 2. It hurt so bad I felt like I was delivering the darn baby. I was in tears. I don't know what's causing the back up because things were pretty loose before now. I'm pretty sore today and hope this doesn't happen again as I was in sooooo much pain. Do you think it could be that the baby is taking up so much space that things just aren’t functioning like they should? I'm also peeing every 15 minutes or so. By the way I'm 38 weeks.

ashley - July 14

ya know.... yesterday and today I feel constipated only I refuse to spend time in the bathroom because i don't feel like I can push it out. The day prior I had two soft/loose stools so can't figure out either why the heck I would be constipated. Some one told me that was a sign that labor was close, but I always thought diarrhea was. Perhaps its the baby dropping. Anyway, I just took a stool softner. One yesterday and one today and that usually does the trick. My doc had recommended colate (actually the generic stuff because the real stuff is expensive) and it usually does the trick. Good luck.

MEO - July 15

things slow down in your digestive tract, esp this late in pregnancy, and that makes the little turds (excuse me) more prone to constipation so I would say 1) make sure you are hydrated 2) make sure you are getting some physical activity (this can help with gastric motility - the movement of stuff through your bowels) and 3) increase your fiber in your diet - oatmeal, frosted mini wheats, etc whatever you like. I have had some slow down lately (am alsmot 40 weeks) and I am working on all of the above with some noticable positive change in the poop department. have fun :)

steph-in-saint-pete-beach - July 15

It really could be the baby dropping. last week I had the same problem and My midwife said its just that she has dropped right down. They say that doesnt usualy happen until when labor starts for subsequent babies, but she dropped and is engaged, all systems are go, but shes not budging!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?