Cord Blood Banking -pg119489450617

5 Replies
star_eyes - November 12

I am pregnant with my first baby and am curious to hear what any of your ladies comments and opinions are on Cord Blood Banking...Does anyone know the going rate and what the pros and cons are in your opinion? Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

AngelinLuv - November 12

I remember reading somewhere that the initial fee is $2000 and then every month to store it is like $100. I wish I could say you can't put a price on somebody's life- but when you don't have that extra cash, it's not possible. I think we would've done it otherwise.

star_eyes - November 12

Wow! That is quite expensive!! I agree that it would be nice if you had that kind of money laying around but for those of us who don't, we'll just have to make do. Thanks for responding!

AngelinLuv - November 12

I looked into further after posting. Turns out I was a little wrong. The initial fee is usually $2,000 but the YEARLY storage fees are approx $100-$150. A little better, but still expensive initially.

Tan - November 12

hey.. has any of you heard of the public cord blood bank? you can give the blood to the public bank for free.. but they dont keep it for you, its for public, and if you end up needing it, you can use for free if yours is still there... does that make sense? does any one know how it works? i heard something like that

star_eyes - November 13

Ok, that's not quite as bad...But yes, $2k is a lot to fork over initially. Tan, I've never heard of the public cord bank. It sounds like it's worth checking in to. Do you know of who actually does get to use it?? Do they have to pay for it?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion