Discharge-pg113278028218

1 Replies
Sandra - November 23

I am currently 37 weeks and for the last 3-4 weeks I've been having lots (and I mean LOTS) of discharge. It's normally a caramel type colour or it's clear. I've been having to wear some pads as panty liners just don't cut it anymore. It gets much more at night time, I have virtually none during the day and then heaps at night. Sometimes it has a really horrible mousy type of smell, and other times it doesn't smell at all. It does not itch at all. I have mentioned this to my doctor before. He did an internal and a swab but it all came back clear. I have to change my sheets every 2-3 days now. I've heard that amniotic fluid can have a mouse musty smell, but that it's clear. Has anyone had this, know what it is or asked their doctor about it?

Kristin - November 23

If the baby has had a bowel movement inside you, when your water breaks it might not be clear. I think I heard it could be greenish or brown and I think have a bit of a smell to it. Cause they say that normally it can smell kind of sweet. If it has gotten heavy enough to have to change your sheets I would probably go get it checked out. Call labor and delivery and tell them what is going on and that it concerns you. They will probably tell you to come on in especially with the color of it. They usually don't say much if it's just clear and it's not a constant trickle. I too have a lot of discharge at night and usually none during the day. I was watching tv one morning and got up and my pants were really wet. I called my docs office and she told me to keep an eye on it and if it happened again to go straight to labor and delivery. It didn't happen again that day, so i'm guessin it was normal.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?