Due Dates-pg119400446961

22 Replies
Anathi - November 2

Sorry ladies but I'm kind of concern about my due date. My Dr gave me 28Jan but last time it was25Jan the nurse at the hospital told me its 27th Dec, according to my LMP so am confused which one to use. I'm a 28cycle and concieved 10th April and my last menstrual period was 27March -3April I really need some help coz it means today I'm 31w3days yet according to my last u/s is 28weeks WHICH IS WHICH!I will be delivering at the hospial.

tish212 - November 2

your week count I think is off...I'm 31 weeks and 4 days I concieved on March 26th...so I think ur only 29 weeks or so...u count 40 weeks from conception date...and that is ur due date... 40 weeks for me is dec 31st.... so since u concieved 2 weeks and 3 days after me ur date should be Jan 17th... that is what I count it to be... ur later u/s aren't as accurate as ur first one (the like 6 week or 8week one) ask ur doctor to look over it again to give u a date...

DaBonkElsMe - November 2

It's not 40 weeks from the date of conception, it's 40 weeks from the first day of your LMP. Most women do not know their date of conception. The start of youperiod every month is the start of a new pregnancy cycle, it's just that most months when you do not become pregnant, you bleed and then start the cycle over. Your due date is exactly 280 days from your LMP. That is how it is uusually calculated. Or you can count back three months from your LMP and add 7 days and that's your estimated due date for the following year. So for you it's more likely to be the date the nurse gave you at the hospital. If you have your dates of your LMP, then I think your due date is closer than the doctors are estimating. There are due date calculators all over the web, including on this webpage, that estimate using your LMP. Especially if you had regular 28 day cycles, yours should be relatively easy to figure out. AND it is true that your earlier u/s are more accurate b/c fetuses begin to grow at different rates. On your first visit, didn't your doctor ask for your LMP and then calcuate a due date for you? Yea, I would ask him to look at it again. Meanwhile just google due date calculator or search it on this page, and you should find some help.

Noodle - November 2

according to your dates your due 27th december, however, as your aby's growth isnt matching the dates by more than a week they will alteryour dates to what your babies growth is. maybe you ovulated and concieved alot later than you thought?

tish212 - November 2

I'm not arguing...but I am 100% sure of my due date...since I had just had surgery and it is the only day me and hubby bd'd and my dr and midwife both said they were calculating 40 weeks from that day...I know mot women don't know when they concieved...but like I said I'm 100% sure...(me and hubby work separate shifts never see eachother well we do now but didn't ) and 40 weeks from march 26th is jan 1st but they moved me up 1 day due to my u/s and thankfully my lo is still rating on my dec 31st due date...I still think her due date is in january...gl and once again ...ask ur dr

KRISTINA - November 2

I am 100 percent sure that I concieved on the 2nd of May and my due date is 23 January. So if she concieved a little under a month before me she should also deliver about a month ahead of me which would be December.

tish212 - November 2

she concieved after me so how would her due date be before mine?

tish212 - November 2

and I count ur due date to be feb 6th not the 23rd if u concieved on may 2nd pregnancy lasts 280 days.... ur due date shows only 266...14 days off....

josie4 - November 2

Tish - pregnancy is counted 40 weeks from the FIRST day of your LAST period. Not 40 weeks from the date of conception. Also, sperm can live for up to 5 days, so you didn't necessarily conceive the day you and your husband had s_x unless you ovulated that day as well. Anathi - you are due on January 1st if your last period started on March 27 and your cycle is 28 days long. That makes you 31 weeks and 3 days.

DaBonkElsMe - November 2

tish, no one's trying to argue with you, but it's 280 days or 40 weeks from your LMP. Don't take my word for it, look it up. It's on this website, and any other pregnancy or medical website. Even ask your doctors.

tish212 - November 2

like I said I am 100% sure that is the day...I had take an ovulation test and when I spoke to my dr again today he said they r counting 40 weeks from march 26th...not from my lmp which was march 14th... so I don't know I'm going by what my dr is counting...maybe differet docs do different things I don't know but I know what my dr said and what day I concieved...and my due date is dec 31st... and I don't see how if she concieved after me she could be due before me...

KRISTINA - November 2

Tish....If your due date is december 31st that means you should have concieved sometime around the 9th of Apr. Here is your info for a due date of December 31st......... Today is Friday November 2nd 2007. You conceived on Monday April 9th 2007 and your due date is Monday December 31st 2007. 207 days have pa__sed since the conception, and you are 59 days before your due date. You are 31 weeks into your pregnancy, and you have 9 weeks to go. You are in the 3rd trimester. 78% of your pregnancy has pa__sed, there is 22% left to go.

Tory1980 - November 2

Well I am a little confused. Here the way they work out your due date (if based on an average 28day cycle) is add 7 days to the FIRST DAY of you LMP (making it the 3rd April) and then add 9 months making it approx 3rd Jaunary. This also depends on how long your period lasts etc. If you are certain of the date you conceived as being the 10th April that will move your Due date to the 1st January. You are approx 31 weeks pregnant. As for the dates the Doctor gave you where did he get them from? With that Due date it would mean you didn't fall pregnant until the end/start of May. If the early u/s shows the later date then you need to go by them as they are the most accurate. After about 13weeks babies all grow at different rates for instance at my last scan 29w6d it showed baby measuring 32weeks which I know for a fact is wrong due to Charting and I know my exact date of ovulation/conception. The hosptial/doctor really needs to figure out what is going on as with that discrepancy they will either be trying to induce you before you are due or leaving you to go severely overdue without any intervention. Make them decide on a date but personally I would be going with the last week of December. Good luck!

tish212 - November 2

couldn't have concieved on the 9th like I said...I only had s_x with hubby on march 26th and I was ovulating...I didn't have s_x again till the end of april (i had undergone surgery and was still recovering)

tish212 - November 2

if I calculate 40 weeks (280 days) from my lmp that shows dec 19th... so what is it? can a first sonogram be wrong? 280 days from the 25th of march is dec 31st (i concieved the 26th) I can see the sonogram being off by 1 or 2 days...but it dec 19th is the calculated day from my lmp (march 14th) that's a hell of a lot of days off...so what gives? am I farther then I think? am I due sooner then expected? now I'm confused.....and I don't see my dr again until next week.... anyone explain why there are 2 different dates and which should I believe?

Mzwest83 - November 2

Sperm can live in the body for up to a week. So it is possible you did get pregnant a week after you had BD. For me my LMP was march 1st with a DD of Dec 7th but my U/S showed baby was a week later. So we moved the date to Dec. 13th. If you had a early U/S my doctor said to go off of that date because it is more accurate. Other than that you should use the LMP date.

tish212 - November 2

no my dh sperm have a mortality rate of 2 days...we have had him tested several times (like I mentioned b4 it took us 5 years to get pregnant) so I know it was the 26th..I was ovulating that day and the day before...but not the next...I was testing nonstop because of my surgery... from my lmp its dec 17th...from u/s its dec 31st...so I'm stuck...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?