Glucose Tolerance Test-pg116984454510

1 Replies
JustaGal - January 26

My question is for all moms-to-be who have any experience with this test. I did not pass my 1hour test and I was sent to take the 3 hour test. Only one number was higher than normal by couple of points after that test(it was the one after having a drink). My doctor sent me to 3 hour test again, for the second time. And the same thing happened again. A woman is diagnosed with GD if she does not pass two or more numbers in that test. But my doctor said because I had one number higher two times in a row is a good reason to start measuring my glucose with monitor. Did anyone had such thing happening? I am really terrified of the idea to be under constant psychological pressure from using that monitor.

JenniferRose - January 26

It wont be like that hun, I have full b__wn GD and i have to give myself insulin everyday, twice a day. Your prob just border line, and the most there gonna check you is probably once a week at your doc appointments, i dont know how far along you are, but if your not already going once a week the doc will prob have you start coming to see him once a week. As long as your sugars are ok when they test u at the office, you have nothing to worry about. And really the monitor isnt all that bad, it may seem scary at first, but its not bad, it could be worse, u could be in my shoes haing to test urself 5times a day and inject urself with insulin twice daily...now that sucks! Hope that helps, if you have any other ?'s feel free to ask ~JEN

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion