Help-pg114770149818

7 Replies
SARAH23 - May 15

i am nearly 37 wks pregnant and today have been feeling pains in my lower abdomen which come and go. Also my tummy keeps getting really tight. I feel sick also. The baby is moving around loads aswell. What is this????

Lindsey - May 15

Sounds like braxton hicks to me, does the pains go after a while, you could start timing them. I've been having these since week 32, they are normal so please try not to worry. This is just your body's way of getting you ready for labour

SARAH23 - May 15

i have had the braxton hicks for a while but it feels different today

Tillie - May 15

Yeah, I must say those sound more like actual contractions to me! I'd wait a few hours and see if it continues--then maybe call you doctor.

krista-lee - May 15

i was told if it was real contractions, the pain would be more noticable it the middle of the belly (bellyb___ton) at first then expand to the rest of the tummy. sounds like BH contractions to me though

Cher - May 15

Usually if you can still walk during the tightening of the belly, they are the braxton hicks. If you feel the sharp pain in between your legs (v____a) and your not able to keep walking, you want to time those cramps. That is usually my first sign that I am going into labor. But you feel the difference when it does happen.

Been There - May 15

Krista-lee, I used to think the same way about contractions because that's how it went with my first child. All contractions are not necessarily the same. With my second child, they didn't start in one place and then circle around or spread. They just hit as pain at once. So it could be real contractions. It's feeling sick that may be the clencher. Did anyone else feel sick with BH?

melsmama - May 15

trust your instincts

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion