High Blood Pressure-pg11693220028

5 Replies
juju - January 20

whats considered high for blood pressure, im in early stage of labor, an hr ago it was 133/108 and now its 147/98, can ne one help, im worried

baby020607 - January 20

I am sure it partially depends on your baseline and other factors, but that does sound high. I would definitely go to your doctor to have it checked out! I think my doctor said that "in general" when you get to around 150/90 they start becoming concerned. Better to be safe than sorry and get it checked out though. Good luck!

chrissi79 - January 20

I have "gestational" HBP, and my doc said that the "magic" number is 150 on the top #, and 110 on the bottom.

DB - January 20

My doctors are concerned if either number is higher than 140/90. I've had high blood pressure this last few weeks. They like me to lay on my side as much as possible because that helps lower it.

iemc19 - January 21

It definately matters what your 'normal' bp is...But generally when your bottom line is over 90 they start to worry....when I got my bottom line over 100 I get admitted and at 119 they worried about fitting and I was induced....And I have high bps outwith preg - normal rate of 140/90 so they leave me longer than someone who has a lower bp rate that climbs this high...You should go see someone...

iemc19 - January 21

Sorry I also just read you were in early labour - your bps do tend to climb a bit in that - but you should be getting monitored...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?