Inducing-pg115029752418

6 Replies
Corrine321 - June 14

Okay if you are 4 cm dilated, do you think the doctor will keep you at the hospital to induce you? Because thats what I heard... Is this true?

Corrine321 - June 14

please someone answer...My doctors appt. is today and I was already 3.5 - 4 cm last week!

Corrine321 - June 14

bump

Trish# - June 14

I can't really help but DO have a friend who is at 3.5cm and she's still at work. Her EDD is Monday. They stripped her membranes to try to speed things up but sent her back home. It probably just depends on your doctor. I know mine will give me the option to induce the week of my EDD even if I haven't dilated any.

Dia_ - June 14

Hi Corrine, I am 4 cm also and 50% effaced. I am 1 day overdue and if you are not showing any contractiong on the TOCO machine they will likely just send you home...especially if you are not close to 41 weeks. My doc won't even induce me until I am close to 41 weeks because I am not having any "real" contractions showing active labor.

Jamie - June 15

If you don't want to be induced, you can refuse the induction. No one can perform any medical procedure on you without your consent.

Jenn2 - June 15

I had a friend who was 4 cm dilated at her last doctors appointment before she naturally went into labor 2 days later. Her doctor did not mention induction to her, but he did strip her membranes to try and speed things along. Not to mention she was only 39 weeks when she went into labor naturally (with her first child). Yes......I am very jealous b/c I am sitting here 41 weeks, and no baby yet!! AHHH!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion