Inducing Labor-pg111601665418

4 Replies
Lacey - May 13

My doctor has scheduled a labor induction next week if my baby is not here yet. I am confused about the process. I am 2 cm dialated and 75% effaced. if they have to soften my cervix first, then stimulate contractions how long will this take?

Jill - May 13

It sounds like you will go into labor before then your cervix is alredy soft so they will just give you pitocin so it could take all day or just a few hours depends on your body, My dr wanted me to get induced and 2 hours before I was supposed to go to the hospital I went into labor I've heard that happens a lot

nelly - May 13

i had to be enduced and i was in labor for about 19 hours. i dilated from 5 to 10 in about 15 minutes. i started pushing at 11pm and had to stop because the baby got in distress and i started pushing again at 3;15am and had her and 3;24am. good luck with yours.

Jenny - May 14

I am going for induction tomorrow and I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced and yet not going into labour naturally either. According to my doctor, induction can be speedy but it depends on how well your body responds to the hormone in Oxytocin...it could be quick or it could be slow....she also said on average it takes the cervix one hour to dilate 1 cm, but this can be different for everyone. Best of luck to you, I'll let you know how the induction goes.

Dee - June 11

I was induced with my 2 children. The first was because my water broke. I was not dilated or effaced. My body wasn't ready to let go yet. They started pitocin around 9:30pm and my daughter was born by 5:45am. My son I was 1cm dilated when they induced me and he was born within 6 hours. Every pregnancy is different but the fact that you are starting the process sure helps.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion