Insomnia-pg114867818718

6 Replies
Ann - May 26

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and have been going crazy the past two nights, I just can't seem to sleep even thought I'm really tired. The lack of sleep is now giving me headaches. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do??

Been There - May 26

Do you know what's keeping you awake? Are you uncomfortable versus just not being able to unwind? Do you need more pillows? Would you feel better propped up? Perhaps a warm bath prior to hitting the bed. It could just be a short spurt of not being able to sleep. When I've had trouble sleeping, it would eventually go away. I don't have any advice other than considering other ways that you may be able to get to sleep. For instance, I sleep well when it's very quiet, however, I find that lying down and watching tv puts me to sleep sometimes. I know, it sounds weird. Perhaps some soothing music could help. I hope you find something to help you. It just makes things worse to be frustrated over why you cannot sleep.

miraclebaby - May 26

yes, and my doc said to take tylenol pm for a couple of days and get my body back on track. Good luck to you. I felt guilty taking the medicine, but the doc said I needed my sleep

eli83 - May 26

yes, it actually happened to me when I was 20 weeks. I couldn't sleep for 3 days and then 2 nights good sleep and again 3 days without sleep. I have never had this problem before. I thought I am going crazy or something. It started along with anxiety too. I tried everything but my mind didn't seem to shut down at all. the best thing I did and it worked was keep busying myself and making myself extremely tired( walking alot, shopping, reading, cooking, etc), cuz when you're pregnant you slow down everything which you dont when you are not pregnant. even if you can't sleep, try to close your eyes and lay down, think about your lovely baby inside you. I myself still experiencing insomnia but that's nothing compare to before. hopefully as you approch to end of your pregnancy, you will get better. all is happening to you is just hormonal. Good luck

letgo0527 - May 28

I've had this problem for quite awhile. I don't go to sleep until 3:30 in the morning every night, then I sleep til 1pm the next day. It doesnt help that my bf works nights, so on his nights off we stay up together, he has basically made me a night owl.

Jenn2 - May 29

Ann- there is this stuff out by Tylenol now that does not contain the pain relief drug in it.....it is only a sleep aid. I have taken it for a couple nights b/c I have had trouble getting good rest. I feel like my mind fights rest. anyway, it may make you feel a little better about taking the pill since it does not contain the medication......its called "simply sleep" by tylenol. you can find it next to regular tylenol at most stores.

falafal0 - May 29

Definately - I'm 29 weeks and haven't slept properly since about 15 weeks or so, so even though I'm geting used to it, I'm dead tired all the time. For me, it's a combo between DH getting up at 5am every morning (can't get back to sleeo after that then the kids wake up...) and not being able to egt comfortable enough to sleep deeply. Then there's my back and getting up to pee...should I stop now?! I've bought a special pregnancy pillow, doesn't hasn't helped me sleep any better, but is very comfy anyway. I live with my heated wheat pillows at the moment, so guess I don't have much of a choice. Once baby is born, we won't get much sleep anyway, so I guess we have to get used to it anyhow...still, doesn't help during the day.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion