Is This Normal At All -pg11731950035

9 Replies
aaaaaaaaaa - March 6

I'm 31w... Last night when I was trying to sleep, I kept getting jolted awake by these HORRIBLE cramps about every 15 or 20 minutes. Right after the cramps would go away, baby would like angrilly kick really hard once or twice, and then calm down.... but this went on for like 6 or 7 hours. My doctor had told me before that if I get cramps 5 times/hr to call him ASAP, but if its less than that, to just wait and see if it gets better or worse. Well its still happening about every 20 minutes or so and I'm not sure if its normal or what... :(

Tammy276 - March 6

just sounds like some nasty BH contractions.......when I was around 33 weeks, I woke up in the a.m. w/ contractions that were about every 8 minutes apart, so I called and they told me to drink some water and just sit still and see if they go away, and they did, after about 6 hours of having them..now I am 37 weeks and get contractions all the time .

aaaaaaaaaa - March 6

Yuck :(

MichelleB - March 6

water...water...water. That is what doctor told me too. Make sure to tell your doctor about them at hte your next visit, just to make sure!

aaaaaaaaaa - March 6

Water can't be the problem - I drink WAY more water than a normal person. Like 6-8 liters a day, easilly (when I'm at work I just constantly sit here and drink water all day long - it keeps me from killing everyone, haha). I go to the doc on Monday so I'll definately tell him about it then, but in the meantime I'm still kinda scared as this is stilllll happening and it hurts!!

cubbie - March 6

If it was only one night it could be that your baby was turning into a head down position. At 31 weeks the us showed that my baby was still head up then a few nights later I had really bad pains and a lot of movement, then the next us at 36w the baby was head down, so I a__sume that was when it turned. (I'm now 39 - so hopefully not long to go!)

kerryv - March 6

if it is still happening, why dont you call your doctor?? i would not wait until next monday, especially since it was not a one time thing and it appears to be continous. also, have you tried eating some tums or something? if may be heartburn...i would still call your doc asap.

pebblesnbambam - March 6

If you are that concerned you should call the doctor. If water is not taking it away (again... I had preterm contractions with last pregnancy and get contractions if I don't drink enough water now) and laying down is not helping... best to call. We are all giving you the same advise and it is based on what we were told. If you don't like the advise and feel it does not apply to you.. than call doctor! Could be UTI..

aaaaaaaaaa - March 6

Yeah, I called... the nurse said to take it easy today and said if anything changed/got worse to go in... the doctor is going to call me at the end of the day and see how I'm feeling and discuss... The cramping is getting slightly better... but still there, so we'll see!

Cevvin - March 6

I was having the same thing, they had me come into the hospital, and as soon as they put the iv in to give me some fluid they stopped. Keep hydrated and stay off your feet if they get to close together. and Good luck.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion